Welcome to the Stoic Community! We are very excited to have you here! As with all communities, we do have some rules and guidelines - these are here to ensure this is a helpful, informative, and constructive place. We do have a Rules of Conduct which you can read below but here are they are in pretty basic terms.
- Help build the Community
- Show respect at all times; don't make an argument personal
- Know the difference between differences of opinion and personal attacks
- Remember that behind each Display Name there is a real person
- Do not spam or advertise anything in your posts or signatures
- No personal (real life) attacks are allowed
- Posting of pornography, racist or otherwise discriminating remarks, offensive language, to include links to, are strictly forbidden
- We do not allow users to bump threads. Doing so will result in the thread being locked, so it is ultimately counter-productive to the intended goal
- Do not post farm, to include "+1", "Like", or "First post!", or start pointless threads
- Use your inside voices; in other words, do not post in all-caps
In short, please be polite and civil to one another. Messages and threads breaking these rules will be edited or removed at our discretion, and users who break the rules may be warned or suspended from further posting. Also remember that we can not have a rule for everything, and because of unique situations or a few people who may abuse our community or cause other problems (even if those are not listed in the rules), we reserve the right to react to these issues in a way of our choosing.
Rules of Conduct
The Rules of Conduct are guidelines to the user on expected conduct and behavior upon the Stoic website. These guidelines can change at the sole discretion of Stoic as necessary to best benefit the community and cultivate an atmosphere appropriate to a gaming community. Despite our best efforts to detail the different sections with specific examples, there will always be areas that will be ultimately handled on a per incident basis by Stoic. Even when not specified, Stoic has the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception.
- The total signature image size may not exceed 500 pixels wide by 200 pixels high, or be over 250KB in size. You may not use any images or links which violate any of the community rules.
- Avatars may not exceed 100KB in size, and you may not use any images or links which violate any of the community rules.
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another Member or guest that is unwanted. This includes: saying bad things about Members or guests, repeatedly sending them unwanted messages, attacking their race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Remember: if you disagree with someone, keep your response targeted at the subject, not the person.
- Transmit or facilitate distribution of Content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, “spamming” or flooding [posting repetitive text].
- Trolling, which we define as posts or threads, which knowingly lead to overly strong negative and emotional responses for mere shock value, are not allowed. Accounts made with the sole intent to “troll” will be immediately and permanently suspended. Constant personal attacks are also considered trolling.
- Posts deemed inappropriate to a particular area will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely depending on the nature of the post. Examples of such posts would be off-topic posts posted in a political forum or a technical help question posted in off-topic. This is done to facilitate proper communication on the forums and allow for the flow of conversation. Posts that have been removed are not to be reposted. Reposting removed posts or making posts questioning said removal, will be cause for account suspension.
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an Stoic employee or a representative of Stoic, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Stoic or any of Stoic's partners or affiliates.
- Attempt to get a password, other account information, or other private information from a Member or any other user. Remember: Stoic employees will NEVER ask for your password. Do not give your password, reminder words, or billing information out to anyone.
- Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
- Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- Upload files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
- Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including without limitation advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- Post or communicate any player’s real-world personal information within the Service or through any Site or any Service bulletin board.
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service.
- You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your account. Posting profanity or otherwise objectionable content in your profile is also prohibited. You are responsible to make sure your account information, especially your email address, is up-to-date.
- You will not upload or transmit any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder. Failure to abide by this rule is grounds for immediate and permanent account closure and legal action.
- Community accounts are non-transferable. Registered users are responsible for any actions that take place on their accounts or private messaging systems.
- Do not repost copyright and/or press material in its entirety from other sources. Quotations from things such as news articles are fine, provided it is cited and (if possible) linked to. We ask others to respect our content and ask our readers do the same for other people's content.
- If you are suspended, it is not proper to get back to the community on an alternate account. If your account is suspended, and you use an alternate account to post, the alternate account will be permanently suspended, and not only will you receive another official warning, but your suspension will be lengthened. Usually, suspensions will step from 24 hours, to 3 days, to 7 days and then Permanent. All suspensions are documented by Stoic. You do not need to contact us to review a suspension, as they are all reviewed by Stoic. If we feel there is an issue with your suspension, we will gladly reverse it, or shorten its length and you will be notified with a Private Message.
Lastly, please have fun. Although it looks like there are a lot of procedures and rules in place, most of these are common sense, and are meant as a safeguard to keep the community active and relevant. Abusing this community affects everyone, so we ask for your cooperation and your support in achieving and maintaining this goal. Suggestions to make this an even better place for our community are always welcome!
Thank you for being part of this community!
You can also view these rules here.