Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: We want to see your crests!

Quote Originally Posted by elykar View Post
    Man, there are a lot of amazing crests here! Seeing them has put mine to terrible shame... Is Jessica still doing requests and can anybody provide a link to how to contact her? I have a feeling it was in one of the updates but I haven't been able to find it. I'd love a better looking crest, unfortunately I'm no designer or artist. :/
    I believe Jessica has stopped doing requests, but if you go over to the "Need help with your crests" thread in the kickstarter section gaelvin or someone else may be able to help you out.

I don't think Jessica is still taking requests, but there is a thread in the backer subforum for crest help.

Thanks opifex & Ratatoskr! I'll head over there to see if I can get any help.

Here I made another try, a beardy helmet

I'm starting to understand how to make things not too bad (subjective isn't it ?) without resorting to simple tracing over stuff.

Leaning towards horn+shield chicken in my profile. My drawing style does not really mesh well with the hard black/white requirements and need to avoid detail, so this has been a good exercise.

Question on the no text thing - what if it's a) hand-done, and/or b) appropriately stylized? I have a few broad-nib pens and calligraphic brushes that I wouldn't mind breaking out for a sweet little blackletter-style crest.

Well I cant post it on here, but you can look at my avatar.
    Last edited by GorillaGrod; 05-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerf View Post
    Leaning towards horn+shield chicken in my profile. My drawing style does not really mesh well with the hard black/white requirements and need to avoid detail, so this has been a good exercise.
    I think your profile avatar one is hilarious and awesome.

Mine's my avatar. Not particularly Norse, but I like it.

I made this banner with the intent to depict the world serpent and son of Loki, Jörmungandr, holding on to his tail as he encircles the world tree, Yggdrasil. I enjoyed making it very simple and iconic.

Mine is based on Fenrir, a son of Loki, and foretold to kill Zeus during Ragnarok. This is his dapper version

Fenrir feeling like a sir by bast_imret, on Flickr

And his regular version

Regular Fenrir by bast_imret, on Flickr

I'm also going to investigate a crest based on my last name, as I believe it has some roots in that region.
    Last edited by bast_imret; 05-02-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Yggdrasil, courtesy of gaelvin!

or my image didn't upload when it said it did??

Didn't realize that the avatar and profile pictures where separate...

I've got four currently, going to use the one from jessica in the game though.

Got this one from Jessica.

Last edited by lamaz; 05-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Question on the no text thing - what if it's a) hand-done, and/or b) appropriately stylized? I have a few broad-nib pens and calligraphic brushes that I wouldn't mind breaking out for a sweet little blackletter-style crest.
    I think it's more a question of modern English taking you out of the ye-olde world to see it there. Same reason to not have an automatic rifle for a banner.

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    Mine is based on Fenrir, a son of Loki, and foretold to kill Zeus during Ragnarok. This is his dapper version
    Zeus ? Are you certain ?
    Well Odin and Zeus are counterparts when comparing Norse mythology and Greco-roman mythology. Though Thor is also often cited as Zeus's conterpart due to his attributes, god of storms and lightnings.
    Last edited by Troll; 05-03-2012 at 08:13 AM.

My avatar's mine

@GorrilaGrod

Thanks! I initially went for some stylized landscapes but felt that this had more soul

bast, I really like the sun eating aspect of your Fenrir.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast