Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Judge-My-Build Thread!

I'll have to try switching the archers and warhawks around, that's a good idea.

I don't expect the thrashers to live very long, they have high exertion so they can get a long range move and a strong break on whatever has the highest armor. Usually I try to use 2 or 3 willpower on the move and then 2 or 3 willpower on the break, so that they have one left to bloody flail with the next round if they are still alive. They don't normally survive past two rounds but they manage to take out quite a bit of armor before they go down. Maybe more importantly than the armor breaking, the enemy usually moves around a lot trying to kill them, which takes them out of position and often puts them in range for the warhawks.

What shuts it down is strong defensive builds that stay in position. Think of a raidmaster with shieldbangers on each side of him and three archers in the back. I can run up and do strong armor breaks on the shieldbangers but nobody has to move out of formation to kill me. So then they're still deployed like they were when the game started,even though they lost some armor, but both of my thrashers are dead and we are essentially starting a fight where I'm outnumbered 6 to 4.

Aye, defensive "turtle" builds will be hard to crack, with any build. Believe it or not, but Thrashers & Warhawks are best used in defensive strategies; Raidmasters and Skystrikers are the most aggressive units!

Another thing to worry about, with those 6ARM Thrashers, is them getting sniped by multiple Bowmasters: Then, your 6/8 TH, even with tons of WP left, is now easily killed by a 14 HP attack, e.g. a 12STR enemy Thrasher with +2WP...
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

This is my go-to build/team at P6: My Build

I've been doing well in my matches with it. It seems to do well against archer specialized builds. My basic strategy is to protect the SS and WM. Everyone else is throwaway used to maim enemy armor.
    Against stoicmom, I had to change my turn order and I put my archers in front to counter her SA's.

I'm especially open to any suggestions or tips regarding stat allocation and turn order.
    Last edited by spicykorean; 11-26-2015 at 09:19 AM.

A build without a BM is a sub-optimal build But, SA is a good breaker-baiter and SS is good at protecting WM, and saved for lategame with tons of WP. I'd only buff-up the TH to 11ARM/12STR (and lower to 3WP/1AB) because I believe that the 2AB is useless when you have chance to deal up to 4AB with 1WP (Bloody Flail)

I've thought about moving the Shieldmaster to position 1 because sometimes it gets harder to maneuver him around the other units.

Shieldbangers, when exposed early, are #1 priority for enemy ranged-breakers. It's not uncommon to see a reckless SB die in round-2, often without hitting anybody! But, then again, you typically need their break up early, so you need to put them into the thick of the fray... That's why SBs are the hardest units to play and engage enemy with. The SRM is the easiest [to play with ] among the three, because he's not really a breaker!
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 11-28-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Easiest to play with or easiest to kill?

I have been thinking about my build some and I think switching out one of the thrashers for a seige archer could make the breaking at the beginning even more effective.

I will be on a lot tomorrow to test it out.

Triple-archer can be a little tricky. I believe Thrashers work best with Thrashers, but if you want more break, you could use a Raidmaster instead. Problem with SA is that she can be one- or two-shot killed, taking all her WP to the grave, if she is too reckless...

That's true but she's actually less reckless than how I use my thrasher and since she attacks at a range does a better job of drawing enemy units out of formation. I really want to be able to use her ability but it always feels inferior to doing a 5 break (which is her main purpose).

This build does a very good job of giving me the momentum and letting me set the pace of the match, which I like. Essentially I act first and make you react to me, then I can watch how you react and then react to that.

I'm on my phone now but later tonight I'll post some pictures that show how I go about my opening turns and talk a little more about why I feel this build is effective.

Well, if a front-line archer (SA, or kamikaze BM) does ~15AB damage before she dies, I consider it a success. Even 10-12 could be OK, if you got other breakers/archers alive to pick up the role.

SnB (Slag 'n' Burn) is indeed a bit deprecated at rank-1. Compared to a 5AB, it's only worth it if you can hit main target (2 damage) + three others (3 damage). It's kinda best at rank-2, where it's not too WP-costly and it does feel like a regular 2AB with added STR-damage and coals. Nevertheless, SnB can be VERY annoying against SBs: If you have two SAs, you can bully any low-STR shieldbanger you like

Being the one to dictate the moves in a match is indeed good. Grandmasters of the trade (e.g. Tirean) quoted this as the #1 rule at high-level play. Of course, you gotta know what you're doing so that you don't end up shooting yourself in the leg

Yes right ... BM should be able to survive far enough to avoid problems, but it may be difficult for the SS.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8