Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Other games you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Rymdkejsaren View Post
    Divinity: Original Sin was good and now Wasteland 2 is around the corner which should be excellent. I tried the early access of Invisble Inc. which is promising to be a really interesting TBS tactics game I can recommend.
    I am also highly interested in D:OS and WL2, but they're too expensive for my budget at the moment; maybe when they reach half-price (in a year or so?). Invisible Inc. also looks pretty cool, just not into stealth so much...

In my "buffer" there's currently Transistor (and XCOM...), while I am also waiting on two more games: Apotheon (a platformer/RPG coming out "SoonTM") and Hyper Light Drifter (a top-view action-RPG; I bought into its closed-beta, also "SoonTM", via their HB widget). I might have mentioned those two in the past, maybe in this same thread
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Transistor cannot be anything other than good, considering the quality of Bastion, and I will get that at some point. I also play lots and lots of Blood Bowl which is the online version of a brutal american football board game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. It is not for everyone. Randomness is high and games can be utterly frustrating when you lose your persistent players (your best player can literally trip and break his neck if you are really unlucky), but if you stick to it you will learn a lot about managing both risk and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    There's a new paradox game that most of us will probably quite like (Viking themed), called Runemaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_J0PlLw-vI

Maybe worth following
    hui looks very interesting so far, maybe finally a game that will be a worthy succession for heroes of might and magic 3

I've started to get into Point and Click adventures this year. I've played all the ones by KingART Games.

Right now i'm playing Expeditions Conquistador. Now i'll copy and paste an incoherent comparison of The Banner Saga and it from the chat!

I must admit at this point I think i'm enjoying Expeditions Conquistador more the The Banner Saga. Though, not by much. I have more issues with the That game than with The Banner Saga. But it just seems to interest me more. the writing is better, The way characters interact with each other is more interesting and feels more.... alive. But The banner Saga has more heart than Expeditions Conquistador game to me. Also, the combat in The Banner Saga is better, albeit less polished.

On the topic of characters I'd pretty much put them neck to neck. The banner Saga follows a more cinematic way where the background of characters are fleshed as it progresses. Whereas in Expeditions Conquistador. You have a decent sized bio on the characters because there are many options of character to bring along, You have to choose who to bring along before the game starts which i found interesting. You actually have to strategize who to bring because people in the party may or may not hate each other.

A good thing about the characters in both games is that I instantly felt something about the character. There deaths or absence actually make you feel something. either good or bad. I must admit the villains in Expeditions Conquistador are better though. albeit less "showy". A character like Onef, yeah you hate his guts after he does a massacre of the caravan and betrays Rook and co. But the Serpent, you actually think is awesome and badass! Bellower is not much different from you. Your running from him, he's running from.... something. So he doesn't seem entirely evil. though that may be intentional.

In Expeditions Conquistador. All the villains seem realistic and they all have goals that right from the get go you have to choose to oppose or support. You yourself can be a really bad guy if you wish it! You can be Racist, rude, aggressive, and evil! It seems more ambiguous than in The Banner saga. while in The Banner Saga, you can do bad things and make immoral decisions. you'd never consider any of the POV characters terrible people under any circumstances.

Storyline wise is like comparing a TV series to a Film trilogy. The Large scale and Hollywood showyness of The Banner Saga works much better in its case than it would for Expeditions Conquistador with it's broader scope and more depth.

That's all I really have to say on that matter! They are both quite good! The Foliage in Expeditions Conquistador is annoying as hell though. Can barely see anything!

Chaos Rebron just hit Early Access. It is squad-sized turn-based strategy. Currently the game is very limited (mp matches only) but it is very polished and promises a lot more to come. You play a wizard trying to defeat other wizards, but the ways to win are very varied (and based on your staff type). Some like to summon chaotic demons and skeletons, some like to summon lawful unicorns and some stay neutral. Some prefer to boost themselves with magic armaments and throw themselves into battle.

There are several mechanics that make it quite different, and to me, very interesting. Although it is squad-sized tactics, you win if you kill the enemy wizard. There are no hitpoints, only percentage chances. If you succeed in hitting someone (or something), they die. So it is very much a game of risk management, which may not be everyone's thing. All actions have percentage chances, but the interesting game-play emerges from how you can manipulate the percentage chances of both yours and to an extent your enemies chances of succeeding different actions. If you want to learn more check out the site, but for people who are tactically inclined and are not scared by percentages, I can heartily recommend it, even in it's current early state.

Our Warrior Friend swiffty, has developed a game and here is the steam link to check it out!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...67&searchtext=
    Enjoy!!

Civilization V is pretty good game with Expansions.

Blackguards is really good game. It's turn based, Hex Grid game and you are totally free to dress your characters.

Good Old, Age of Empires 2 and 3. Still enjoying.

Knights of Honor extremely cool game. 3 eras (Early, High and Late Medieval) numberless factions, diplomacy, wars and many more...

And of course Skyrim! The legend. Probably, the most fantastic game I've ever played.

In adittion to my previous list:
    I am also playing :

Infested Planet

Banished

Hegemony Rome The Rise of Caesar

AirMech(still on Early Access)

Bound By Flame

Between the two list you have a good mix of genres such as RPGs, RTS, Arena Shooters, MMOs, and Simulations... all very good games on their own, and also most of them being "Indie" titles.
    Last edited by Yellow; 01-22-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

The past few days I've been playing Apotheon:

It's a 2D-platformer action-RPG, where you will: fight meanies, explore, complete mini-quests, loot, level up your gear, craft consumables etc. The story setting is in ancient-Greek Mythology and the visual style is inspired from pottery designs of the ancient-Greek age. It is VERY well executed, and true to the aspects of mythology, unlike other games like God of War or TV-series like Xena, Hercules etc. And all that is coming from a Greek, mind you! The mini-quests and boss-fights I've played so far are all very aptly adapted to the lore and are diverse and fun. For example, to appease the goddess of hunting, Artemis, you must explore the forest and hunt/kill several prized and hard beasts; to appease the netherworld god, Hades, you must fight through hordes of undead and do some death-defying heroic stuff.

It's coming out on Steam today (and PS4 too, I think). Here's the trailer:

This week i have been spending quite some time in Grey Goo, an "Old School" RTS, with a catchy sci-fi lore and settings. Seems well done and well balanced considering it just came out.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Can anyone even see this post?

Been playing some Wasteland 2, FTL and Far Cry 4. Also really excited for Bedlam. Kickstarter game that uses the Banner Saga engine. It's sort like an FTL roguelike with Banner Saga style battles.

Kickstarter
    http://www.gobedlam.com/forum/

The game that I play as much as Factions is Journey (Austin Wintory composer). This game comes out on July 21 (this month!!) on PS4. I am thrilled to see more extraordinary beauty from the creators (thatgamecompany) and this is a cross over from PS3. Hope you have the opportunity to experience this unique game.

https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89&oe=567E1550

Hoping I did this correctly . . . It works on my side My granddaughter drew this for me for Mother's Day. As I mentioned above, Journey is a very special game to me. She could not have given me a greater gift <3 The flower is an easter egg found in Journey (taken from Flower) that TGC also made. The cloak figure is what each of us becomes as we travel the sands and snow of Journey. The names surrounding the flower are those with whom I have traveled that are active on the TGC forums. Hope to meet you in Journey one day
    Last edited by stoicmom; 08-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoicmom View Post
    https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...89&oe=567E1550

Hoping I did this correctly . . . It works on my side My granddaughter drew this for me for Mother's Day. As I mentioned above, Journey is a very special game to me. She could not have given me a greater gift <3 The flower is an easter egg found in Journey (taken from Flower) that TGC also made. The cloak figure is what each of us becomes as we travel the sands and snow of Journey. The names surrounding the flower are those with whom I have traveled that are active on the TGC forums. Hope to meet you in Journey one day
    Cute There should also be a grandmother's day I assume she did it "digitally", i.e. on a tablet and not scanned from some paper, eh? Ah, the new generation! TGC and Flower and Journey-related people/communities?

Her art work is free hand on a post card she sent to me on that special day. I copied it and a friend on the TGC forums put the names and her art together 'Twas a perfect gift to make one such as me very happy!!

Fallout 4
    Call of Duty 3
    Metal Gear Solid

I got over Minecraft a long time ago and I have not had anytime to sit and play for long.

19.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #59
    If you're looking for turn-based strategy, I'd recommend XCOM: Enemy Unknown, FTL: Faster Than Light, and Civilization V (or VI). I've also heard good things about Massive Chalice.
    Lately I've been playing Obduction (from the creators of Myst) and some Rocket League!

Minecraft and league of legends.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast