Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Promising Kickstarters

Looks very cool and definitely has some neat art ideas.

Yup, Blashpemous caught my eye a while back too. But, I'd say it's more because I also like action platformers in (dark) medieval-fantasy settings; I never actually thought to compare it to The Banner Saga in any way. That said, I'd definitely like to see a TBS-like game (as in: a game with a mature story with isometric tactical turn-based combat) in that setting. But, TBS is much more than that!

ICYMI -- Here is a real successor to TBS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st/ash-of-gods
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Um. I wouldn't call it a 'successor'. I'd call it similar

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Yup, Blashpemous caught my eye a while back too. But, I'd say it's more because I also like action platformers in (dark) medieval-fantasy settings; I never actually thought to compare it to The Banner Saga in any way. That said, I'd definitely like to see a TBS-like game (as in: a game with a mature story with isometric tactical turn-based combat) in that setting. But, TBS is much more than that!

ICYMI -- Here is a real successor to TBS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st/ash-of-gods
    Yea, Ash of Gods looks very promising. The combat animations are just magnificent.

Unfortunately the game doesn't seem to have the promotion it deserves. I really hope they will reach their initial goal.

Alas, things ain't looking too bright for Ash of Gods, but you never know what can happen in the next 11 days. There's projects that have gathered 10x the funds they were asking for in 1/10 of that time-interval
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 06-13-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: typos

You are right. I backed Ash of Gods three days ago, and the number of backers has increased from 800 to 1100 since.

During the past week they did two nice "steps" in imgur and in social media, which gave them this boost (800>1100 backers), but the wave stopped there... It's a bit suspicious/disappointing that no medium/large game-news site has made an article for them; it appears that their marketing outreach is not as efficient as it should be; a shame if you ask me, because the game looks pretty nice and has a proven recipe ( The Banner Saga ). I wonder if its too-pronounced-similarity-to-TBS lead to that treatment from the press

Wow, they have got a huge boost of $10,000 since the last three hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Osselet View Post
    Wow, they have got a huge boost of $10,000 since the last three hours!
    Yup, saw that too. I hope it's no joke. There's trolls that pledge at such extra-high tiers and then withdraw their pledge

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ashes of Gods. I backed them when they launched, now I'm hoping they reach the goal. It looks very promising and the 48-hours-to-go notification email should help them.

Meanwhile, we've launched an on-going Indiegogo In-Demand campaign for Sacred Fire (no deadline, no specific goal) to continue building the community. We’ll use the funds for more polish, voiceover and improvements to the gameplay. We’re offering our most popular Kickstarter rewards on Indiegogo, including the Collector’s Edition Box or ringtones narrated by Doug Cockle (the voice of the Witcher).
    Sacred Fire: Psychological RPG about revenge and loyalty
    Develop your inner strength in a tactical choice-driven RPG inspired by Caledonia.

• Support Sacred Fire on Indiegogo
    • Stay up to date, join the Sacred Fire newsletter at www.sacredfiregame.com/join
    • twitter.com/PoeticStudio
    • facebook.com/SacredFireGame

Aurum Dust made their goal a couple of hours ago A lot of high-tier pledges in the last few days (average >$200, where the campaign-wide average is ~$50) did the trick I hope they don't get any nasty surprises, like pledge withdrawals/decreases...

Hey, I haven't been active in a while, but i wanted to drop in and boost the signal for Pillars of History, and new historical RPG on Kickstarter.

Looks pretty awesome; a historical RPG concentrating on the Balkans in the 8th Century. The Byzantine Empire clashing with the Arabs, with pagan Slavic tribes setting up a new kindgom. Sounds cool!
    Last edited by Javaman; Yesterday at 03:47 AM.

Interesting project, Javaman; thanks for the heads-up. I will follow them, for now. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have twitter, which would greatly help me keep track of their campaign...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12