Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Banner Saga Patch 2 - Release Notes - 2.6.45

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

The Banner Saga Patch 2 - Release Notes - 2.6.45

Major Updates:
    • Translated into 6 Languages: Deutsch, Français, Русский, Português (Brasil), Polski, and Español!
    • Added Save Profile Slots!
    • Balanced and Tuned the Bellower fight!

Localization:
    • You can set your desired language by right-clicking the game and changing Properties, or from within the game itself via the Options menu. If you change to a non-English language, Subtitles will automatically be enabled.

Save Slots:
    • There are now 5 Save Profiles that you can use. All of your existing save games will be automatically migrated into 'Profile 1' when you start the game.

Bellower Fight:
    • The difficulty curve has been tuned. Your party's injuries are now healed before the Bellower fight due to your long stay in Boersgard. Bellower and his minions are not as strong in Normal difficulty.

Changes:
    • Added and updated many Kickstarter Backer names
    • Deleted the tents on the left side of the forest camp for medium population
    • Changed Dredge Splinter Passive to no longer triggers Bellower's enrage attack
    • Made the Bellower fight easier by lowering his max str/arm for the second round in normal and easy mode. Also made henchmen lower tiers
    • Added confirmation box to delete progress and start new game
    • Added video disable command line option for people experiencing video crashes: '-video_disable'
    • Updated FMOD to 4.44.34
    • Added confirmation dialog to skip introductory Videos
    • Converted both intro videos to 720p 24fps FLV
    • Added sound effect occurs when clicking the Help button in the Heroes menus.
    • Added sfx when dragging and dropping character cards on Heroes & Assemble screens
    • Character portraits in Heroes Details now load as needed instead of all loading when Heroes opens
    • Zeno Content editing tool is now included with the game. See this link for information about how to Mod The Banner Saga: http://bit.ly/tbsmodding

Bug Fixes:
    • FIXED: Party Injuries do not heal as days pass in Boersgard
    • FIXED: Shooting Silver Arrow while at 1 Strength causes Game Over
    • FIXED: Level 5 characters do not show equipped items description while in battle
    • FIXED: Occasional issue in Chapter 3 that prevent save files from saving
    • FIXED: Items cannot be purchased from the Market when loading from some save games
    • FIXED: Issue with credits crawl slowing down near the end of the credits
    • FIXED: Character equipped with Eyeless Rift still sees chance to hit percentage
    • FIXED: Pressing Esc while information is up on Heroes screen will exit fullscreen
    • FIXED: Clicking an item in the marketplace after closing the Options menu creates a console error
    • FIXED: Item highlight in marketplace flicks on and off if cursor is directly below the item
    • FIXED: Continue button text is not centered in the button on the Heroes page
    • FIXED: Credits do not exit after reaching the end

Build Number: 2.6.47

The build number is displayed in the titlebar of the game window, and at the beginning of your log files.

Log file location:

Windows: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\logs\
    • Open Windows Explorer
    • Paste the path into the location bar textbox and hit Enter

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSaga/Local Store/logs/
    • Open Finder
    • Hit Command-Shift-G to open the “Go to the folder:” popup dialog
    • Paste the path into the textbox and hit Enter
    Last edited by John; 06-20-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Great news! So, I take it that the localization beta is over. Do we need to "opt out" or is that done automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Zeno Content editing tool is now included with the game. See this link for information about how to Mod The Banner Saga: http://bit.ly/tbsmodding
    John, about Zeno, the google-doc you link to, mentions that a certain "Mod Content" free Steam-DLC is required to be downloaded and installed in order for the mod tool to function. When should we be expecting that?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    You should already see the "Mod Content" DLC in your DLC list. If you don't, I'll need to investigate. Try restarting the Steam Client now that we've updated the game.

You should already see the "Mod Content" DLC in your DLC list. If you don't, I'll need to investigate. Try restarting the Steam Client now that we've updated the game.
    OK, I'll do that when I get home from work, in some hours.

I was just curious if this DLC should/would show up in the DLC-list of the Steam-store page (along with OST etc).

So,

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post

- Gronnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
    - Alette has wrong bio after she puts the hood up.
    - No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einarntof, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
    - Udin's caravan don't add any numbers neither to yours when they join you shortly after leaving Einarntof!
    - When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text it says "Rook woke up following Juno", but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left. (not a bug but a suggestion)
    Any of that has been addressed with this patch?
    Last edited by Yellow; 06-20-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

On a first glimpse I noticed a few new issues.

1. When hovering over the morale meter the actual word "morale" is missing. This can cause linguistic issues in many languages as the strings have just been cut without adapting grammar.

2. Ability descriptions are missing when selecting a character on the battle screen.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    @Stobinator thanks, we are addressing these for a hotfix.

Hmmm, that "Mod Content" DLC doesn't show up. I exited/re-entered the Steam-client (and the game itself) several times, to no avail. Maybe it just needs time for the patch to "sync in"? (pun intended )

I also noticed a small "bug" (dunno if it existed before): At Chapter 1, I exited the game (and thus saved) right after the Nobleman fight, when Vognir's ships arrive in the docks and Eirik asks Ubin to go meet them. Upon re-loading the game, no ships could be seen in the harbor...

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Ahhh.. There are still some more Steam buttons and whatnot that I have to push to make it visible to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Hmmm, that "Mod Content" DLC doesn't show up. I exited/re-entered the Steam-client (and the game itself) several times, to no avail. Maybe it just needs time for the patch to "sync in"? (pun intended )

I also noticed a small "bug" (dunno if it existed before): At Chapter 1, I exited the game (and thus saved) right after the Nobleman fight, when Vognir's ships arrive in the docks and Eirik asks Ubin to go meet them. Upon re-loading the game, no ships could be seen in the harbor...

So i guess the answer to my question was : No?

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    AFAIK, none of those things have changed in this patch.

So,

Any of that has been addressed with this patch?

AFAIK, none of those things have changed in this patch.
    Ok, are there going to be more patches then or was this the last one?

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    I'm going to fix a few issues that have surfaced and make a patch soon (perhaps in an hour). Additional bugs will be fixed and features added in future patches!

Ok, are there going to be more patches then or was this the last one?

14.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Updated/Hotfixed to Build 2.6.47:

NOTE: Fix issue where Morale tooltip on Travel HUD was getting its second line truncated
    NOTE: Fix issue where ability info panel in battle was not showing abilities

Just to make sure you know, the mod tool is showing up fine for me. EDIT: Caravan's still don't seem to be handling "population well" Varl/Clansmen showing up when there are 0 in the caravan, disproportionate amount of fighters in comparison to Varl when has more Varl than fighters.
    Last edited by Fazolt; 06-21-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Same problem as above.

And another one: I've just realized that the names of the locations -Mead House or Market, for example- in each and every city or town are untranslated.

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    I'll check into this today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post
    Just to make sure you know, the mod tool is showing up fine for me. EDIT: Caravan's still don't seem to be handling "population well" Varl/Clansmen showing up when there are 0 in the caravan, disproportionate amount of fighters in comparison to Varl when has more Varl than fighters.

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Some text is not translated:

Names of locations 'in-world', e.g. names above cities
    Names of clickable locations 'in-town', e.g. 'Leave', and 'Heroes'
    A few VFX in battle 'Last One Standing!', 'Forge Ahead!', etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvar View Post
    Same problem as above.

And another one: I've just realized that the names of the locations -Mead House or Market, for example- in each and every city or town are untranslated.

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    @Fazolt would you please mail the save files that display the caravan population issues? I'm not seeing it at first glance in several different scenes.

If you want to make it really easy for me, use the quicksave feature available in developer mode:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Fazolt View Post

Injured in heroes list not translated in any language.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast