Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Android: stuck on download

  1. #1
    Junior Member Sosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5

    Angry Android: stuck on download

    Hi!

    I bought this yesterday from the Google Play store. Downloaded the App, launched it, and now it is stuck at 0% with ETA: ??:?? minutes. I have plenty of space on my external card and >3Gb on my internal memory (and the developer says it requires <2Gbs space).

    What do I need to do to get this working???

  2. #2
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,279
    Hello there. Have you managed to make this work?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Sosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Hi! No, eventually I just quit trying. Do you recommend my doing something?

  4. #4
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,279
    Have you tried emailing Stoic at help-android@stoicstudio.com ?

    As the problems start before the game is actually launched, maybe you can also seek support via Google Play.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Sosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Have you tried emailing Stoic at help-android@stoicstudio.com ?

    As the problems start before the game is actually launched, maybe you can also seek support via Google Play.
    When this happened I left a message on Google Play and never got a reply. I am unsure as to whether I had contacted the email but I sent them an email now anyway. Thanks.

    I will post here in case I get a reply.

    Edit 1: Not even after 24hours of sending an email to help-android@stoicstudio.com I got a reply from the support team. They suggest that I follow the steps in here (https://support.google.com/googlepla...1402%2C6241400), specifically step 2. I am doing it now, will be back with an update as soon as I can.
    Last edited by Sosi; 05-04-2016 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member pliz22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    Did you get it to work? Did the developers get back to you?
    Mine fails at about 50% every time I try to download.
    Sent an email, got a ticket number, but haven't heard back in 2 days.




    Quote Originally Posted by Sosi View Post
    When this happened I left a message on Google Play and never got a reply. I am unsure as to whether I had contacted the email but I sent them an email now anyway. Thanks.

    I will post here in case I get a reply.

    Edit 1: Not even after 24hours of sending an email to help-android@stoicstudio.com I got a reply from the support team. They suggest that I follow the steps in here (https://support.google.com/googlepla...1402%2C6241400), specifically step 2. I am doing it now, will be back with an update as soon as I can.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Sosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by pliz22 View Post
    Did you get it to work? Did the developers get back to you?
    Mine fails at about 50% every time I try to download.
    Sent an email, got a ticket number, but haven't heard back in 2 days.
    Hi!

    Yes, they replied a bit after sending an email. To be honest, I dont remember if I ever got it fixed or not, but here is what they said:

    Hi Sosi!

    Believe it or not, I've seen this issue happen before on some Android devices -- and it's (usually) pretty easy to fix.
    There's a long list of steps here:

    https://support.google.com/googlepla...1402%2C6241400

    The one that usually fixes the issue is step 2, where you confirm the date and time on your device.

    Let me know if you're still having problems after this!


    Joel

  8. #8
    Skald Aleonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,279
    For future reference, here is pliz22's work-around for this, as reported in the Discord #bugs channel (2-Sept-2017):

    I may have gotten around this problem. I downloaded the game on another device. Used an apk extractor and put it on an SD card and moved it onto this phone. I set the permissions and started the app. It's now downloading the rest of the files. 1.9 gigs looks like.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •