Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] YaK's SSLTBS1 Fixpack (Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1)

[MOD] YaK's SSLTBS1 Fixpack (Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1)

For the extended change log, look at (work in progress)

Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1 - version 2.00
    [This version is ONLY for BS1 2.36.15]

Hi y'all!

Here is the new incarnation of this Mod, merged back all in one again!

This corrects all the previous nasty bugs, inconsistencies and typos ((base+lite version) and some new ones too! Now they're starting to became quite a bunch!

Many thanks to:
    Gestaltzerfall, who updated TBSDec! Again, thank you!
    The squirrel-hound of typos Ratatoskr.
    Drake713 (thanks man!)
    and our lovely moderator, Aleo.

Oh, and of course huge thanks to Stoic too! Would have proven really difficult to mod a non existing game !

Feel free to report any bug or suggestion!

Be careful, there could be huge spoilers!

What's in 2.00:

• [FIXED] The importing of BS1 save into BS2 being inconsistent. Now you will not lose anymore the wrong item equipped by the hero killed by Bellower, nor lose promoting done before the last fight, renown gained/spent or items bought in the market JUST before the last fight and, of course, kills done in last fight. What i have changed, in further details:

1) The save done just after you choose who will shot the arrow is now called "sav_crafters", with a proper description "The Silver Arrow: A treacherous trick" (ENG);

2) A new save is created (with all the right vars in place) AFTER you defeat Bellower (it's the new "sav_finale"), with a proper new image (a Boersgard panorama, free of Dredge and more focused on the river - "Onward" was playing in my mind);

3) A new variable is created to control Boersgard's view composition (Dredge/No Dredge/Bellower Showing/Bellower clickable), "7_bellowercomes" to replace the purpose of "7 boersbellow", that's still there cause is also used as a prerequisite to import the save into BS2. Deleted also the code that zeroed "7 boersbellow" after killing him (so BS2 will correctly recognize the file). This way we could have a working and consistent importing of promoted heroes/renown/kills/items and whatever into BS2, editing files just from BS1 side, while lefting untouched BS2 files Importing tested multiple time (Rook/Alette) on the latest vesion of both games ;

• [ADDED] New and consistent icons for the Skalfing Chieftain and his gingerish, grey dressed thugs (which are present in the tutorial, in the Meadhouse battle and in the Ash Mead Battle, in Boersgard);
    • [FIXED] The state of Boersgard's "Find a safe place for caravan to stay" event is not saved, so, if you reaload a game the event will bug itself (see here);
    • [FIXED] Bellower Battle not awarding any renown at all and not showing the battle ending banner (with injuries, renown gain etc.);
    • [TWEAKED] Bellower (phase two) is now considered a "Rank 11" enemy, so, on death it will show (and will award) a "+10 Renown" banner. Holy cow, he's the Immortal Sundr! Pay some respect!
    • [FIXED] When Hakon will arrive in Boersgard, we now could have two outcomes: a) If Ludin died in Ridgehorn, we will get the usual 280 varl and 315 supplies. b) If Ludin is alive, we will get 280 varl, 62 fighters (less than half of his retinue) and 315 supplies;
    • [FIXED]In Reynivik, if you help Sig (and win), following option #2 and #3, will end in having this text when you leave the village: "With some help you gather up the casks of mead and head back to the caravan, Sigbjorn and the other survivors in tow. The caravan gives the boisterous varl a large berth as you set out for Boersgard.", but no one actually joins except Sig.
      I counted every single entity in the inn during the battle and there were 42 peasants, at least 8 people with weapons (fighters)and a dog, so i added exactly 42 clansmen and 8 fighters. I am really sad not having the opportunity to add the dog. Poor dog;
    • [FIXED] Rook ONLY required in party for Onef's ambush battle;
    • [FIXED] When Onef attackd, text says his fighter from Frostvellr betray you (and kill some clansmen), but you don't lose any fighter at all! Now you will lose 29 fighters, assuming some of them died due to wars/events/potential starvation;
    • [FIXED] In the dialogue after the fight, a bug prevented Alette's comments on Egil's death, if he died at the hands of Onef (showing always the conversation as if he died in other circumstances);
    • [FIXED] In the forced camping after the battle, "Leave" button is disabled until you finish your conversation with Ekkill (if alive);
    • [FIXED] In the aforementioned conversation, if he is still a prisoner, you could chose "I need to get going" (ending the conversation) only after deciding to banish him OR unbind him (and his men). It's odd to just end the dialogue and silently getting him in the roster while he's still a former prisoner;
    • [FIXED] In the same case, when you unbind him you will accept his fighters too (+39, assuming some of them died during the travel) and text is modified accordingly (singular to plural etc.);
    • [FIXED] Got rid of THE TWO NOTORIOUS OBNOXIOUS, FILTHY, MADDENING, FAEN TREES (In the woods were ambush occurs and on the way to Frostvellr, after Hogun's & Mogun's village;
    • [FIXED] When leaving Sigrholm, if you go for "Caulk the wagons and float across", you will go back in time (-2 days), GREAT SCOTT! ;
    • [FIXED] The wounded varl random event, not removing 1 supply after you left him medicine and food;
    • [FIXED] The two random event involving the old man Unnarr, not adding/removing 1 clansman when he joins/vanishes from the caravan;
    • [FIXED] In the abandoned giant hall random event, a bug prevents you from losing 11 clansmen;
    • [FIXED] In the wildfruit random event, if you "Offer a piece to one of the animals in the caravan" and then chose "Gather as much as you can", you get the wrong ending, the same of discouraging them from gathering;
    • [FIXED] In the first part of the missing supplies random event, there is an error preventing you to REALLY lose 5 supplies;
    • [FIXED] In the third part of the missing supplies random event, there a couple of bugs preventing you to lose one or both clansmen (the poor boys);
    • [FIXED] Two bugs that will cause Nid to acts as if Ekkill joined the caravan while he doesn't (and also potentially mess up while importing the game to Saga2;
    • [FIXED] Nid ONLY required in party in her debut battle;
    • [FIXED] The bug that, when Ubins joins Rook's caravan after Einartoft, causes warrior to be added ONLY if Gunnulf is dead. Also, it will award +6 varl instead of +15 fighters and +5 varl because at that point there should be no human left in Einartoft and because too many fighters will prevent the breach event in Boersgard from happening;
    • [FIXED] A bug that, when leaving Einartoft without trying/destroying the bridge, grants two times the amount of volunteers/wounded varl joining (38*2) and two times the 30 moral loss. Also, since Krumr remains to help, varl from Wyrmtoe are removed from the caravan;
    • [FIXED] Adjusted the "many" varl that join if you fight three days on the bridge and let Iver destroy the bridge from 23 to 43. Twentythree could not be "many", they're actually less than the wounded/volunteers that joins when you just leave;
    • [FIXED] Slightly increased the varl losses in Boersgard if you don't help Iver on the wall for a balancing purpose, so the breach event will likely happens with more or less the same chances;

• [FIXED] When Eyvind awakes, after saving Iver and dream-talking with Juno, Rook tells him he slept for a couple days, but time has not adavanced;
    • [FIXED] When Oddleif train more archers, if you go for "Stand by the women becoming fighters" you will lose 35 clansmen and gain 25 fighters, it should be -25/+25;
    • [FIXED] In frostvellr, after you tend the wounded, choosing "We'll wait and confront them" will not advance the time of 1 day;
    • [FIXED] At the beginning of Chapter 4, if you stayed outside, when avoiding the third fight with dredge, on chosing "Nobody could be alive under there...", text will tell they hopeless join you regardless, but nothing happens. Now they join (+39 clansmen), but you lose 15 morale too;
    • [FIXED] In Ridgehorn, if Ludin leaves (and die horribly with his retinue) no human fighter are lost. It will makes sense if ALL the human fighter will follow their Prince;
    • [FIXED] When you are in the woods, Ch3, the dialogue option "We're going to wait them out" will not correctly advancr days by 1, if selected first;
    • [FIXED] The error preventing the second in-camp conversation with Ubin from happening. It will fire up at the first camping after the treasury cart event, if you'll lose the tithe (sending back some varl with the taxes will prevent the event from popping, as intended);
    • [FIXED](ENG) Fasolt having Saga2's description (causing a spoiler);
    • [FIXED] At the very beginning of Ch3, if you dissed Eirik, Mogr will say: "I wasn't able to get as many warriors from Strand as you wanted, and only half as many weapons." and you will gain nothing. I think that "not as many as you wanted" doesn't mean "zero", so intead of the 100 varl, 100 fighters and supplies, you will now get only 50 varl and 35 fighters;
    • [FIXED] In the tutorial battle ending screen, you get +6 Renown, but Ubin's caravan start whit just 5. Do you remember that missing faen renown needed to promote that hero, buy that bloody item or that vital bunch of supplies? Well, i've found where it was hiding ;
    • [FIXED] Nid lacking two stat point to allocate;
    • [FIXED] Sigbjorn missing 4 WIL points (compared to his starting stats in Saga2)
    • [FIXED] Gunnulf lacking the two kills from the tutorial;
    • [FIXED] Grenilund location not clickable on the map;
    • [RESTORED] A color version of the Raidmaster enemy unit (v.0);
    • [CHANGED] Unlocked Tryggvi by default, as explained in Aleo's thread. TO STOIC: If it's a problem, just let me know and i would remove that part.
    • [CHANGED] Starting difficulty is now "Hard", so it will not reset to "Normal" if you start a new game, possibly wrecking the achievement if you didn't notice it soon.
    • [FIXED](ENG) Several typos in map's, item's and unit's descriptions. For a detailed list of all the changes in "strings.json, look here.
    • [FIXED](ENG) Lots of typos/missing words in the dialogues. For a detailed list, ordered by file edited, look here);
    • [BONUS] As a bonus, i set in place the correct values to have a working Bolverk in Saga1, just for fun. To add him enable developer mode and type in the console:
      Code:
      saga roster_add bolverk

How to install:

Just uncompress the .zip in your "../steamapps/common" folder. It will ask you to overwrite some files, it's all right! The
    archive comes with backups just in case! (the ones with a .orig extension).

How to uninstall:

Just delete the files and rename the backups OR verify the integrity of game files in Steam.

Notes:

It works with the latest version of the game - 2.35.15 - so any future patch will probably screw up something, but i'll try to keep it updated. Should work on GOG too, if it's of a similar versioning.

Here's the link:

SSLTBS1-v2.40 - On the Nexus.

OR

SSLTBS1-v2.0 - On my personal Gdrive.
    Last edited by YaK; 03-10-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Update to 2.00
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

I have been craving for those for so long! Amazing stuff man, cheers!

I just hope that it gets officially fixed too at some point. After all not everybody is keen on modding their games, and not everybody bothers to check the forums neither.
    "Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

Good stuff, YaK!

We should make a master-list of these small inconsistencies and fixes and apply them to the game. I am talking about parameter/stat tweaks like these, maybe add a few dialogue lines or poppenings etc.

I will try to look into a more "proper" implementation of your dirty workaround for #3.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Cheers up for the master list!

Currently, i am not satisfied with the outcome of the varl thing, since in some cases it negates the "pressure" o remaining without warriors in Boersgard.

Without the mod, we had two cases:

• a) (let Iver destroy the bridge OR personally help Eyvind in doing that) You left Einartoft with ~60 varls and, more or less, arrive in Boersgard with ~55 (it depends on the 4 loses of Krumr event and a couple of random events).
    • b) (left Einartoft without destroying the bridge) You left with ~60+38 varls (without Krumr) and arrive in Boersgard with around the same number.

Case b) feels a little bit odd already.

With the mod, we have three:

• a) Around 70 (55+15 from Ubin) varls if you help Eyvind.
    • b) Around 113 (60+38+15) varls and no Krumr, if you left Einartoft.
    • c) Around 163 (55+93+15) if you fight for three days on the bridge.

Not considering Krumr help, if in Boersgard you don't fight with Ivere you'll lose: 46+25+14= 75 varls

So, it's still ok in case a but, unless you make them starve, it's totally pointless in case b and c.

To balance this, there are currently two options:

1) Tweak the number a bit, reducing the 93 and 38 varls bonus and increasing Boergards accordingly.

2) Rework the entire thing in a manner that makes sense, for example, remove ALL the varl when you arrive in Einartoft, since they probably would gladly help Jorundr and other valrs instead of Rook.
    At this point we'll have:

+15 in case a.

+53 in case b. (no krumr)

+108 in case c.

So, we need just to change Krumr event in some way, because in case a, it will make no sense.

What do you think, guys?
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

You seem too obsessed with this number-of-varl issue! If they affected the game that much, I would look more into it but, frankly, it doesn't seem worth the bother... In view of this, I would recommend going with the simpler (and more story-consistent) option #1: "Tweak the number a bit, reducing the 93 and 38 varl bonus and increasing Boersgard accordingly."

I would personally leave it be as it currently is(with your original modification).

Remember that there are many chances along the way for people to starve the caravan, loose fighters on war scenarios and random events, and for part of the caravan to leave you depending on your choices and actions, so chances are that many people will not have all that many Varls at that point of the game regardless, at least not on their first play trough.

On my last play trough on hard i never felt like i was gonna run out of fighters on Boersgard anyways, so the new extra Varls for me are more a matter of immersion rather than a technical number to make the game easier.

Resume: Don't change the numbers any further please.
    Last edited by Yellow; 05-10-2016 at 03:16 AM.

Well, since probably i'm the only one that feel this is a issue, i'll probably just tweak them a bit, not touching Boersgard files (i'd like to keep it simple, avoiding to modify too many different files.)

Hi there, i've done a few modification/addition to the mod.

NEW: Give a try in fixing that obnoxious misplaced tree. This is the best i can do, it's still a bit out of place, since it's a lonely round tree in a coniferous forest, but at least it stopped punching us in the eye. I considered also the possibility of just deleting it, but i hate to remove art assets.

ReplacedTree.jpg

NEW: Fix a redundancy in conversation branch in the base game that granted two times the amount of varl joining and two times the loss of moral intended.

CHANGED:
    - Reduced the varls granted by Ubin from 15 to 10.
    - Reduced the varls that joins if you don't destroy the bridge from 38 to 28.
    - Reduced the varls that joins if you fight three days on the bridge and let Iver destroy the bridge from 93 to 58, changed the text accordingly: "Many" to "Several"
    - Slightly increased the varl losses in Boersgard if you don't help Iver, for a balance purpose. When Krumr lead the defence, there is no increase. Why? Because i LOVE that varl

Hoping you'll like the changes, i will update the version as soon i've don a bit of testing.
    Last edited by YaK; 05-09-2016 at 11:46 AM.

YaK is obsessed with Varl and trees I honestly never noticed that tree problem!

Well.. no. Absolutely.
    Maybe just a little.
    YES! I'm obsessed with Varls You know, they're walking on the path of extinction, i wanna help but i am afraid of screwing up the ecosystem .

I want also to keep possible the breach event in Boersgard, cause adding so many make it just impossible to let happen, also i you play really bad.

About trees... i didn't notice them until i read Yellow's post in the bug thread.
    Since then, i couldn't sleep anymore.
    It's better to sleep liyng against a tree than having a tree lying against you while sleeping, Aleo. Unless YOU are the tree, of course, so, just be the tree, okey?
    (yeah, i love Tryggvi.)

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    About trees... i didn't notice them until i read Yellow's post in the bug thread.
    Since then, i couldn't sleep anymore.
    It's better to sleep liyng against a tree than having a tree lying against you while sleeping, Aleo. Unless YOU are the tree, of course, so, just be the tree, okey?
    (yeah, i love Tryggvi.)
    HAHAHA! That nailed it! While you're modding, why don't you add some Easter Egg stuff, like that, in the game? You know, a small poppening event, where a caravan member dressed in yellow makes a comment about a weird tree and Tryggvi responds in kind!

Well, maybe, one day I think you've just overstated a bit my skills

Reading Modding discussion, John's and your advice, i think i know how i could do that, but never "added" something anew in the game myself, i'm more in a "fixing" mood

However, SSLTBS1 version 1.1 it's up and it seems to work properly. Here's the link, i am goind to update the first post:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...0hYbUJvVXEwOW8

Aside from that, I've noticed an odd beahviour with TBS Decompiler.

When you edit files related to village/city, it seem to broke something when it recompile them, i noticed that with Frostvellr, but at the time i thought it was a single case, but it's happened again with Boersgard. Practically, the city screen is messed up, you see all location (market, heroes and so one) highlighted, but you can't click them.

I resolved this letting Zeno1 do the recompiling. Just to let you know.

Hi there, i've done a few modification/addition to the mod.

NEW: Give a try in fixing that obnoxious misplaced tree. This is the best i can do, it's still a bit out of place, since it's a lonely round tree in a coniferous forest, but at least it stopped punching us in the eye. I considered also the possibility of just deleting it, but i hate to remove art assets.

Attachment 253

NEW: Fix a redundancy in conversation branch in the base game that granted two times the amount of varl joining and two times the loss of moral intended.

CHANGED:
    - Reduced the varls granted by Ubin from 15 to 10.
    - Reduced the varls that joins if you don't destroy the bridge from 38 to 28.
    - Reduced the varls that joins if you fight three days on the bridge and let Iver destroy the bridge from 93 to 58, changed the text accordingly: "Many" to "Several"
    - Slightly increased the varl losses in Boersgard if you don't help Iver, for a balance purpose. When Krumr lead the defence, there is no increase. Why? Because i LOVE that varl

Hoping you'll like the changes, i will update the version as soon i've don a bit of testing.
    Great stuff Yak, but could you please just delete that tree? It still remains an eye sore and it is clearly not meant to be there.

Yeah, i am bit torn between the two possibilities.

However, here's the file without the odd tree: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...HpFbmdzcndVQ00

Just unzip it in "..\assets\saga1\scene\part4\wld_boersgard\"

Yeah, i am bit torn between the two possibilities.

However, here's the file without the odd tree: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...HpFbmdzcndVQ00

Just unzip it in "..\assets\saga1\scene\part4\wld_boersgard\"
    Great thanks! A quick question thou, is that just for the tree, or does it includes the varl number hot-fix too?
    Last edited by Yellow; 05-10-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Nope, wld_boersgard.json.z is only responsible of removing the tree.

I read the Bug Report thread and it seems to me that many of the typos were already corrected (also the Tryggvi one), also, i have no idea how to change caravan composition to reflect the real composition.

One that could be somewhat corrected is the one in which Rook wake walking behind Juno, but in the caravan Juno is behind him. With a magic trick we could let "behind" become "Beside"

Apart from that, do you know other inconsistencies/bugs that MAYBE i could be able to adress in some manner?

What do you mean "change caravan composition to reflect the real composition"? The proportion of clansmen/fighters/varl to be consistent in the visuals, at least in close travel mode?

That Rook/Juno problem can more easily be handled in the text, in my opinion.

As for other inconsistencies & bugs, I don't recall any right now. Except from Gunnulf's stats in the tutorial fight; however, messing with them (specifically, zeroing his exertion) will "break" the tutorial, so it's no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    What do you mean "change caravan composition to reflect the real composition"? The proportion of clansmen/fighters/varl to be consistent in the visuals, at least in close travel mode?
    Yes, that.

That Rook/Juno problem can more easily be handled in the text, in my opinion.
    Sure, "behind" to "beside" or "whit". Just wanting to spot a few other bugs to fix before releasing a new version just for that.

As for other inconsistencies & bugs, I don't recall any right now. Except from Gunnulf's stats in the tutorial fight; however, messing with them (specifically, zeroing his exertion) will "break" the tutorial, so it's no-no.
    Yeah. I could survive with that. Let's just make canon that his eggplant's outfit it a bit more confortable for fighting, or a magic one

Hi there!

I found some other things that could be fixed, alongside the text of Juno caravan at Stravh's godstone:

1- A typo reported on the steam forum.

2- Another ODD placed tree, in Chapter 2, just after the village in which Hogun & Mogul could/will join the caravan.

Odd Tree.jpg

What do you think? How could i address this? Probably i will try removing it or scaling up it and post here the results.

3- There is a pretty interesting conversation (reported years ago in the "Mistery" thread) not correctly hooked: https://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/gbv2

the prereq is that you have already lost the cart with the treasure (and potentially lost Gunnulf, a condition which is addressed in the conversation), but the way Ubin it's handled by the game it's tricky, so at that point "narrator" (Ubin) it's already removed from the rooster, so the event don't fire up.

Code:
    			"actions": [
    				{
    					"prereqs": [
    						{
    							"varname": "1 leftgold",
    							"varvalue": 0
    						}
    					],
    					"scene": "saga1/scene/stage/stg_village_snow/stg_village_snow.json.z",
    					"type": "CONVO",
    					"url": "saga1/convo/part1/cnv_chat_narrator1.json.z"
    				},
    				{
    					"prereqs": [
    						{
    							"varname": "1 leftgold",
    							"varvalue": 1
    						}
    					],
    					"scene": "saga1/scene/stage/stg_village_snow/stg_village_snow.json.z",
    					"type": "CONVO",
    					"url": "saga1/convo/part1/cnv_chat_narrator2.json.z"
    				}
    			],
    			"id": "talk_narrator",
    			"triggers": [
    				{
    					"type": "TALK",
    					"unit": "narrator"
    				}
    			]
    		},
    It should happen after the cart event, but before Ridgehorn, since Ubin says that if Hakon will decide to go to there, he will follow and will write what he'll see there.

Adding Ubin to the rooster after the cart event is fine and the conversation start in the next camp, but we don't want that lovely scrivener in the rooster, so i don't know exactly what to do.

Probably there are a copuple of "roster_add"/"roster_remove" to be put somewhere, but i don't know where :/

And here we are, theese are probably the issues that i will address in the next version.

There is a think that bother me and i would really like to be able to make it in TBS: the onscreen "Morale Increaded/Morale Decreased" of BS2, I haven't the faintest idea of how to do that.

Have you got any suggestion?
    Last edited by YaK; 05-19-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast