Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: [MOD] YaK's SSLTBS1 Fixpack (Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1)

As a closing circle, i am again in the same doubt of when i started: How many varl should get to Boersgard?

We know that Saga2 default start provide you with much more varl than how many was possible in the first game, but that's another story.

Right now, after some partial official bugfixing, we're in this situation:

You arrive a Einartoft with about 60 varl.
    • a) If you leave you will have: 60, plus 38 (volunteers + wounded), plus the same 38 (bug), plus 5 (ONLY if Gunnulf is dead, a bug)= something between 103 and 141;
    • b) If you help Eyvind in trying/succesfully destroying the bridge: 60, plus 5 (ONLY if Gunnulf is dead, a bug) -4 (Krumr event)= 56 to 61;
    • c) If you let Iver confront Jorundr and destry the bridge: 60, plus 23 ("many" varl that join Iver), plus 5 (as before) -4 (Krumr event)= 79 to 84;

In Boersgard the gate breach event will trigger if you lose all the varl (and fighter) and you could lose a total of 85 varl there.

Honestly, i think all this have no sense at all and should be reworked. Here's my proposition:

• a-fixed) 38 (fixed)+6(fixed) (when Krumr say he will stay at Einartoft, his varl warrior from Wyrmtoe will remain too, it makes sense to me)= 44 [Worst case scenario, breach could happen]
    • b-fixed) 60+6-4= 62 (better case scenario, breach could still happen);
    • c-fixed) 60+42+6-4= 104 (best case scenario, breach could be easily prevented)

I am considering to raise varl losses in Boersgard as follow:

day2: 14 --> 19
    day3: 25 --> 33
    day4: 46 --> 53

The sum of the possible losses will raise from 85 to 105, so in the worst case scenario it's still possible to trigger the gate breach event.

What do you think?
    Last edited by YaK; 03-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Your math seems reasonable to me - though it would make it harder for me to get Krumr killed ;-p
    But I've always been more bothered by typos than number discrepancies (as long as something changes, I'm not too fussed about exact numbers), so I may not be the right person to ask.

*** reserved ***
    Last edited by YaK; 03-09-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

Detailed changes (SSLTBS 2.0) PART *whatever*: Starting values, Ch1, Ch2, Ch3 and Ch4

map.camp.json.z MOVE FROME line 1654 TO line 1960

Code:
              {
                "bmp": "common/scene/map/click_grenilund.png",
                "clickable": true,
                "hover": "common/scene/map/hover_grenilund.png",
                "localrect": {
                  "height": 133,
                  "width": 196,
                  "x": 0,
                  "y": 0
                },
                "nameId": "click_grenilund",
                "offset": {
                  "x": 620,
                  "y": 35
                },
                "smoothing": true
              },
    So Grenilund location on the map, will be clickable.

saga1.json.z EDIT line 3588:

Code:
            {
              "suppress_flytext": true,
              "type": "VARIABLE_SET",
              "varname": "renown",
              "varvalue": 5   <--- 6
            },
    So rewown awarded after the tutorial is consistent with the number shown in the battle ending screen.

cast1.json.z

MODIFY line 122 "stat": "KILLS", "value": 0 TO "value": 2 (so Gunnulf correctly starts with the two kills from the tutorial)

MODIFY line 3209 "stat": "BASE_UPGRADES", "value": 0 TO "value": 2 (so Nid correctly has the two lacking stat point to spend).

MODIFY line 3270

Code:
            {
              "max": 0,    <--- 8
              "min": 0,     <--- 8
              "stat": "BASE_UPGRADES"
            }
          ],
          "stats": [
            {
              "stat": "STRENGTH",
              "value": 14
            },
            {
              "stat": "ARMOR",
              "value": 10
            },
            {
              "stat": "WILLPOWER",
              "value": 4    <--- 8
            },
            {
              "stat": "EXERTION",
              "value": 2
            },
            {
              "stat": "ARMOR_BREAK",
              "value": 2
            },
            {
              "stat": "ABILITY_0",
              "value": 3
            },
            {
              "stat": "MOVEMENT",
              "value": 4
            },
            {
              "stat": "RANGE",
              "value": 1
            },
            {
              "stat": "RANK",
              "value": 6
            },
            {
              "stat": "INJURY",
              "value": 0
            },
            {
              "stat": "INJURY_DAYS",
              "value": 3
            },
            {
              "stat": "BASE_UPGRADES",
              "value": 0   <--- 4
            }
    So Sigbjorn correctly start at level 5 with the same stats of Saga2

MODIFY lines 4199, 4269 and 4325

Code:
            {
              "stat": "RANK",
              "value": 2           <--- 11
            },
    So phase2 Bellower will be considered Rank11 and will give +10 Renown on killing, instead of just a ridicoulus +1.

MODIFY line 6609 "appearance_index": 2 TO "appearance_index": 0 (So you restore one color variation of the base enemy raider unit.

In wld_ridgehorn.json.z REMOVE in line 194 and 751

Code:
            {
              "id": "narrator",
              "type": "ROSTER_REMOVE"
            },
    They prevents "cnv_chat_narrator2.json.z" from popping out. (If the actor is not in the roster, there will be no chat baloon to click to start the chat, while camped)

Inwld_einartoft_1.json.z REMOVE from line 1559

Code:
              {
                "bmp": "saga1/scene/part1/wld_ridgehorn/1_close_leftmid.png",
                  "height": 551,
                  "width": 132,
                },
                "nameId": "1_close_leftmid_1",
                  "x": 5142,
                  "y": 3
                },
              },
    This remove the misplaced, obnoxious, nefarious and bugging tree.

In wld_boersgard.json.z REMOVE from line 3492

Code:
           {
                "bmp": "saga1/scene/part1/wld_ridgehorn/1_close_leftmid.png",
                  "height": 551,
                  "width": 132,
                },
                "nameId": "1_close_leftmid_1",
                  "x": 17985,
                },
              },
    To get rid of the OTHER misplaced, obnoxious, nefarious, filthy, lovecraftian and maddening tree.

And ADD, line 253

Code:
            {
              "varname": "nid.party_required",
              "varvalue": 1
            },
    and in line 278
    Code:
            {
              "varname": "nid.party_required"
            },
    To make Nid required in party ONLY in her first battle.

And ADD, line 738

Code:
            {
              "varname": "rook.party_required",
              "varvalue": 1
            },
    And ADD, line 814, line 1271

Code:
            {
              "varname": "rook.party_required"
            },
    To make Rook required ONLY in Onef's ambush battle.

Last edited by YaK; 03-09-2017 at 06:30 PM.

SSLTBS1 updated to version 2.00, for details read the first post.

Enjoy !

All right, happy to say that this does appear to work on GOG now that our patches have finally caught up

I did see a couple odd things when I loaded one of my old saves, but I'm not sure if it's due to you or the last patch since I haven't loaded since before then. Just in case it's you, I figured I should list them here.

1. Nid was mysteriously level 6 instead of 5 and I couldn't click on her to see her stats. However, she worked fine in battle.

2. Before the last battle, I got the bug where Belllower is invisible. I've never gotten that before, though I know other people have.

3. I think the timing on the banner for the last battle is off. It took a little while to show up - long enough that I thought my game was frozen - and then disappeared before I saw the final renown count. I didn't click on it or anything, it just went away. And can I say that not having Rook/Alette as a consequence kind of amuses me

1. It's probably due to an old save, before she was raised of one level. I will investigate further.

2. Never seen before. When did it happens, while you were still in Boersgard or during the last battle? Would you mind taking a screenshot? Is it from a savegame in which you already arrived in Boersgard?

3. Yeah, that's because there is a 13 second pause at the end of the battle, to let the music peak and i kept it, after that the game automatically transition to the dialogue screen. Probably i could adjust this to something less bugging.

Would you mind sending me the saves and some details on how to reproduce the first two issues?
    Last edited by YaK; 03-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YaK View Post
    1. It's probably due to an old save, before she was raised of one level. I will investigate further.

2. Never seen before. When did it happens, while you were still in Boersgard or during the last battle? Would you mind taking a screenshot? Is it from a savegame in which you already arrived in Boersgard?

3. Yeah, that's because there is a 13 second pause at the end of the battle, to let the music peak and i kept it, after that the game automatically transition to the dialogue screen. Probably i could adjust this to something less bugging.

Would you mind sending me the saves and some details on how to reproduce the first two issues?
    I'll send you a copy of the save file. To reproduce the issue, literally all I did was load the save (which was pre-update so that may have mucked it up). That save is right before the final fight with Bellower, where I was already in Boersgard and had made my arrow choice. To see Nid, just go into the Heroes Tent. To see the missing Bellower, just click on Juno to start the final fight. If the glitch is still there, the picture of Bellower that you click on to start the battle will be invisible.

I have some answers:

1. Yep, as i said this happens because she was already level 5 and after the last patch she have gained a level, so she is currently level 6, but the game of course consider this an error (and it's right). If you load the other saves you gave me (Stravhs') you will see she's 4 and is fine if you level her up.

2. This easy: I introduced a new variable "7_bellowercomes" to handle Bellower showing (an being clickable). At 0 there is no Bellower, at 1 he shows himself. Before my change another variable did the same thing, "7_boersbellow", but it was also used to determine the saves and which one to import in saga2.

So, what's happened? You loaded an old save (so, he has no "7_bellowercomes" in its data) that was AFTER the point in which the game naturally put in place the var itself, in fact if you activate the console and type

Code:
     saga set 7_bellowercomes 1
    then enter in the heroes tent and exit (so the Boersgard scene will be re-drawn), he will be there.

I could fix the save for you if you want, but as i said, the fixes are generally save-compatible but NOT retroactive, could not fix anything already gone wrong. Generally this is not a problem, but if that "something" have effects on later parts of the game, it could be a problem.

To do another example:

I fixed the caravan bug, the problem was that the variable the game checks to determine whether you've given them a proper sistemation or not (and in which day) was not saved, so on reload it was always "0" (that means "No, you've not saved them"). Of course, if you have reloaded a resume save exactly at that point, it will still bugged, since the var will be not there, but have new save created before that point, will be fixed.

Nah, as long as any new saves will be fine, I'm not worried about it. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be an issue in my new run.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8