Thread: TBS Decompiler for new version of The Banner Saga

TBS Decompiler for new version of The Banner Saga

I made czech translations for both parts of TBS and now i'm unable update my translations. TBS decompiler says just null and all translated convo strings are useless now.
    All czech fans are very sad....
    Please can somebody help us?

Our senior modder, YaK, also noticed that TBSdec had issues on some files in Saga2 and, after the recent update, the same issues appeared on Saga1 as well...

Have you contacted Stoic by email (support@stoicstudio.com) about this?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Right now (until i am missing something and, without documentation it's totally plausible)

TBSdec:

a) Could Not decompile Convo & Localized Convo ( i was WRONG! Localized convo files could be edited!);
    b) On compiling, corrupt cls_*.jsn, vlg_*json and other scene files. Practically all the element where there are clickables (Godstones, Villages, Cities, Map etc.)

Zeno (if properly configurated)

Could compile ALL the files you have updated src or all the files you could open with TBSdec (and paste in a new text file) with the exception of ability param files and some cinematics. Mainly because he doesn't understand some new function added in the engine ("[CAMERA_LOCK]" and something else related to abilities, i have not looked in the issue yet. ).

That's ALL i know in this regards.

UPDATE: Messing a bit with folders, i could say it's possible to edit map.json with Zeno.
    Last edited by YaK; 02-02-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

@Aleonymous @YaK
    Many thanks for your answers, i will contact Stoic asap. Hope it helps.
    If i find out some useful information, i will let you know via this thread.

It seems also Korean fan made translation are in the same troubles http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990...3720195293356/
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

Hey, Folkemon, it seems i was partly wrong: localized convo version could be opened with TBSDec, so localizations need to be just updated again. It seem that the Russian team ZoG, was able to update the fan made one to the last version of Saga1!

I've adapted the old tbs decompiler to read the new convo files and put them into json format.
    In comparison to the old format some metadata is missing. This data get lost through initial compilation process.

Currently you can only read the files from ../assets/saga1/convo
    Saving is not supported. But you can copy the content and recompile them with Zeno1.

If you want to read *.json.z files from other asset folders, use the old version.

This version is beta. So please tell me if you find some bugs or problems.

Edit: Removed old version Link
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 02-21-2017 at 04:12 PM.

I managed to create an installer. You have to remove old TBS_Decompiler if you have installed the original version.
    I had to create an self-signed certificate, so its possible that you get some warn dialogue...

This version should be capable to parse and write the old and the new json.z file format.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/53rupo...ecompiler2.air

Please tell me if you find some bugs or problems.

Great news, Gestalt! I am totally out of time, so hoping YaK will give it the testing it deserves

EDIT: So, this will (in theory) work with any-and-all versions of Saga1 and 2?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I've only tested tbs1 files, but it should work with all files, except the map_camp.json.z

The parsing/writing of files in old format should not affected, since this is the default case. If the program couldn't parse old format, it tries to parse the new format and sets a flag as remark for the writing process.

If that also leads to an error something really unexpected happened.

So, it could write also the scene files without corrupting them?

Yes, it should work with the new convo files.
    I've tested some files, altered some texts and could see the results ingame.

But since i've not tested every file, it is quite possible that some bugs still exists.

I can confirm that the old bug of TBSDec is still present:

If you try to edit some of ../scene/ files:

• cmp_*.json
    • vlg_*.json
    • cls_*.json

and in general all the files that affect a camp/village composition where there are clickable buttons (Rest/Leave/Heroes/Market etc.), they get saved but will not work in game (buttons aren't clickable).

wld_*.json still works great.

It's not criticism, Gestaltzerfall, but only a reminder, since it's a bug present in the original tool (so not your fault) and i am still LUDICROUSLY grateful to have the tool working again on convos.

Modified the current version to handle those files. Now the clickmask should not disappear when editing those files.

Moving the position of clickable entries should work.
    Adding new clickable entries will not work, since the program just caches the existing clickmask. If you want to add new entries, you have to use Zeno.

• map_camp.json.z
    • cmp_*.json.z
    • vlg_*.json.z
    • cls_*.json.z

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zwasnf..._ClickMask.air

Please tell me if you find some bugs or problems.
    Last edited by Gestaltzerfall; 03-10-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Wow, you're great!

I'll let you know!