Thread: [BUG] Character duplicated (MAC)

[BUG] Character duplicated (MAC)

I just ran into an odd bug. I'm running Mac OS Sierra. I had about 100 Renown saved up, and a Warrior that had the needed kills for his first promotion that I was waiting on (I was trying to maintain the flexibility to battle the occasional newbie who comes in). Here's what I did:

1. Buy new space in roster since it was full
    2. Hire new warrior
    3. Promote existing warrior

When I did that, BOTH the new warrior and the old one were promoted (to the same type), given the same name, same number of kills, etc. I apparently have discovered Viking cloning.

I've also noticed that the Steam overlay NEVER works. It's a pity, because I'm considering tossing a few bucks your way, but I can't see a way to do it.

Hello there and thanks for the report of this "exploit"

It'd be interesting to see if this cloning/duping is reproducible, but it might be that it happens only for the first roster line (or the first <anything>), so that it will be hard to reproduce on one Steam account twice.

Yes, Steam Overlay has been buggy forever. Doesn't the in-game Marketplace work? Alternatively, there's some packs in Steam DLC form. Finally, if you're interested in the single-player game(s), there's an ongoing Kickstarter (crowd-funding) campaign for the third, the last, part of the Trilogy.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

After I closed and reopened the game, the extra entry - and the fresh Warrior - were gone. So no real exploit, though I'm out 10 Renown for the warrior.

Um, ok. So this went from an exploit to a penalty: You lost the newly recruited warrior, who was auto-promoted (but your regular promoted warrior is fine)?
    Together we stand, divided we fall.