Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: General problems with Blackscreens during the game and especially with Bolverk

General problems with Blackscreens during the game and especially with Bolverk

*possible spoilers ahead. careful*

Hello there,

i am right now at the "last stand"-mission with Bolverk and after i failed at this mission i can still hear the gamesounds but the screen is just black and i cant to anything more. I think there should be something of an end screen or something, but i cant see it.
    As i had a black screen everytime before when the charakters were switched on the map, i think it is the same error, but i cant fix it. I have found some information how to avoid black screens in general, but somehow nothing has worked so far. Perhaps someone has a good idead here? Right now i can finish the game or end it, when i fail. Not sure i can finish it, even i get to this "undead" apprentice .

I have tried:
    - disable antivirus
    - window mode
    - installed the latest nvidia driver

Thanks in advance

Hello there.

If you are on Steam, then try verifying the integrity of the game cache, to fix any corrupted files.

If you are on GOG, I suppose re-installing the game (backup your saves!) is the only sure way to go.

If nothing works, email support help@stoicstudio.com, having the word [bug] somewhere on your message title.

Hope it gets fixed soon
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

I have the game from the Twitchlauncher-thingy. I think that is similar to GOG, so i try reinstalling and backing up my savegames.

Perhaps it is a good idea to try out this mod from Yak.

And yes, i hope this too. This is a really annoying bug and happens everytime when the characters are switched. Not sure if miss something because of that. So far it seems i have seen every cutscene, but i am not sure if i should see anything else instead of the black screen.

Hmmm, OK. Yes, I suppose it should be closer to the DRM-free (GOG) version, so re-installing is your only way to go.

Does it also happen if you are victorious in that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleonymous View Post
    Does it also happen if you are victorious in that fight?
    Yes, it happens everytime when the characters are switched on the map. I would show a video of it, but it seems Shadowplay does not work with that game.

OK. So, re-installing didn't help?

Maybe related, but I get a black screen whenever I'm about to change character, I am assuming it's the "Chapter X" screen, just need to click and find the top-left x mark to continue, but I'm missing out on the sweet graphics. Playing on Twitch Launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by angelcatano View Post
    Maybe related, but I get a black screen whenever I'm about to change character, I am assuming it's the "Chapter X" screen, just need to click and find the top-left x mark to continue, but I'm missing out on the sweet graphics. Playing on Twitch Launcher.
    I have the same issue. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet, unfortunately.

Anyone got an idea how to fix it? Would be nice to know!

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    We've put out a new build since this thread was started to make sure you update your version of the game and also make sure you have enough memory on the device you're using to play the game.

Please let us know at support if you still have this issue: support@stoicstudio.com. Thank you.