Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stoic Team Welcomes Andy Johnson, Program Manager!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Cool Stoic Team Welcomes Andy Johnson, Program Manager!

This month, Andy Johnson (aka "56kaveman") joined the Stoic team in Seattle as Program Manager! Andy will be shepherding Saga 1 and 2, as well as looking after QA, localization and scheduling, working with publishers and trying to smooth out speed-bumps to help support the game team to let them do what they do best .. make games!

When asked about his background, Andy shared this with me:

"My family jokes that I've not had a "grown up job", having begun my career at Sega in 1991 just after Sonic 1 was released, I've worked in video game and web development ever since.

I've setup and run Quality Assurance and Localization teams and worked in game production at Sega, Disney, THQ, WB Games, King and Microsoft.

Most recently I worked on Minecraft and have touched more than 50 games over the years [including Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Disney: Pixar's Cars, Darksiders 1, DC's Injustice, Battle Nations, Lord of the Rings Online, MX vs. ATV Alive & Reflex], but my proudest moments have been when I've worked with smaller teams to release great games, as I did on Paradise Bay.

There's something about working with a tight knit team that is lost on larger projects. Having an impact on a game, feeling the passion and love for the game [the world, the characters, the story and most importantly the players] really is what making games is all about for me.

That's why I joined Stoic - you can feel the care and attention that's been put into the Banner Saga 1 and 2 titles, the art style is amazing! I wanted to be part of that and help the team create gorgeous, crafted experiences that I can look back on and be proud of."

Please help us welcome Andy to Team Stoic!
    Last edited by Khatie; 12-01-2017 at 03:00 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm really stoked to be joining the Stoic team!

Welcome to the team Andy !
    Also, now that you're in, you are forbidden to shave your beard until BS3 release .
    My beard is augmented.

Welcome to the bannerfolk, Andy

So, from Katie's description, you are the person to bother about Saga1 and Saga2 bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Welcome to the team Andy !
    Also, now that you're in, you are forbidden to shave your beard until BS3 release .
    Kavemen don't shave
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    I don't plan on shaving any time soon

Welcome aboard, Andy!
    My mods: YaK's SSLTBS1 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga/mods/1 ) and Drake's & YaK's BS2 Unofficial Fixpack ( www.nexusmods.com/thebannersaga2/mods/2 )

I think, therefore I am... I think.

Welcome, Andy! We're excited to have you aboard!