Hello everyone! The team has been hard at work getting beta to a solid state and we think we've now done that.
Our new Factions video is up! It's over 5 minutes of new footage and in-depth walk-throughs of combat, tactics, and character progression in The Banner Saga: Factions. Keep in mind, everything you see here is how combat is developing for the single player game as well.
Know any friends who would like to be involved in the beta but missed the campaign? We're not quite ready to take pre-orders yet but feel free to send them to our updated website where they can find our Beta signup.
For those of you in testing (or just interested), this has been a long and fruitful week for new content. In additional to a global chat window in Strand, we've added two new classes (the Backbiter and Siege Archer), character promotion, a tutorial on every page (press the ? button in the lower right), and a slew of little player-requested features, like the ability to r-click and remove points from a character one at a time. Check it out and see what you think!
Our fantastic Backers have also been writing up a storm on the forums and compiled a helpful all-inclusive guide to the game, which you can find here. Thanks a lot to all the regulars on the forums!
We've been adding every Backer who has requested beta access since the last update. If you are currently a Kickstarter Backer but do not have access, here are the things to know.
- First, make sure you have a Stoic Community account. If you do not have one, make sure you register with the exact same email address you had when you pledged to the Kickstarter.
- Once you register, keep your eyes peeled for a verification email to confirm your account. Until it is confirmed, it will not upgrade. This will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org" so make sure you add it to your address book so it doesn't accidentally get put in your spam folder.
- Beta Access is not immediate, the team generates new keys in batches. Once your account is upgraded, you will enter the queue to get a testing code. We do these often so it shouldn't take too long.
- Once generated, you can quickly access your testing key by going to your profile and look under the "Beta Testing Information" section.
- For more information (once you get your testing key), see this copy of the email in the forums: Congratulations! You're in [Download Instructions Included!]
- If you have recently registered, but do not see your name as "green" (here's an example of how it should look when you look at "My Profile" in the top navigation when logged in) or if you're having any other issue, let us know!
To all our American backers, enjoy Thanksgiving week! For everyone else, we hope to see you soon in the game or on the forums. Thanks!