Please note that Factions Testing has ended. If you are having troubles, this is the thread you really want to read now:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are the things to know:
- First, make sure you have a Stoic Community account. If you do not have one, make sure you register with the exact same email address you had when you pledged to the Kickstarter.
- Second thing to know is that free access is currently only for those who backed The Banner Saga on Kickstarter. Stoic is accepting access via PayPal for those who did not get the opportunity to back TBS but are looking to access teh Factions beta program: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/enter-the-fray.php
- Once you register, keep your eyes peeled for a verification email to confirm your account. Until it is confirmed, it will not upgrade. This will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org" so make sure you add it to your address book so it doesn't accidentally get put in your spam folder.
- If you have recently registered, but do not see your name as "green" (here's an example of how it should look when you look at "My Profile" in the top navigation when logged in) or if you're having any other issue, let us know! Note the "green" colored Display Names are only for those who backed TBS on Kickstarter.
- Beta Access is not immediate, the team generates new keys in batches. Once your account is upgraded, you will enter the queue to get a testing code. We do these often so it shouldn't take too long.
- Once generated, you can quickly access your testing key by going to your profile and look under the "Beta Testing Information" section.
- For more information (once you get your testing key), see this copy of the email in the forums: Congratulations! You're in [Download Instructions Included!]