Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: One is currently listening to....

One is currently listening to....

Well I thought that I would create a thread about what music people are listening too, I listen to alot of music in work while programming or testing, so I thought it would be interesting to see what other people are listening too, I find alot of new music that way... okay, well, I will start

Feeder - Generation Freakshow (songs of note: Hey Johnny and Sunrise)

Found that this album is Feeder combining its old and new style I didnt really like renegades that much to be honest, but this album is great

Stelly

The album 'Passerine Myth vol. 1' by Pierce Cailan. It's kind of a relaxing indie-folk type thing. Really good to revise to. Best of all, the artist has made it available available free from here, (if you do a Facebook thing you can promptly delete).
    Last edited by CottonWolf; 05-02-2012 at 06:37 AM.

I'm currently listening to "Puff the Magic Dragon", by Peter, Paul & Mary. It's a timeless song that I can never get out of my head.

Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea...

Currently listening to the Hindu Love Gods self titled album, if you like blues it is a good album to check out and if you like R.E.M and Warren Zevon that is a another good reason to check it because that is who the band is.

Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes, the latest album from Social Distortion.

Aisling's song from The secret of Kells animated film (probably one of the best animated films i've seen in a long while)

such a catchy tune, and such brilliant movie...
    Last edited by kincajou; 05-02-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

I'm currently on a Duke Special spree that's about to turn into a Divine Comedy marathon. Specific song = Our Love Goes Deeper Than This (Duke Special/Neil Hannon collab... the Duke Special/Tim Minchin collab is muy nice too).

I absolutely love all these "sharing" threads! A lot of the bands mentioned have either jogged my memory or made me go on really fun/rewarding treks through YouTube's musical jungle.

You folks are mighty cool cats.

Millencolin and Linkin Park can't get enough of them

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q Sailaway View Post
    You folks are mighty cool cats.
    Oh man, I always feel epicly uncool with regards to my music tastes. I've been on a 80s/90s country music kick lately, specifically female singers. A lot of Reba McEntire and Pam Tillis.

On a slightly less dorky note, I'm excited that Tegan and Sara are currently recording a new album, and I've been expressing that by listening to Sainthood and Get Along.

I terrorize my office sometimes because I listen to such a wide collection of music. For example, in the mornings I generally use my "Rock of Ages" playlist (Nazareth, Blue Oyster Cult, Jefferson Airplane, Kansas, etc), the afternoon is my "Forsaken" radio (A Perfect Circle, Helmet, Fireflight, Korn, Die So Fluid, Deftones, etc) to my rock station (Confrontation - Korn, Metallica, Slipknot, Otep, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, etc)... I pretty much have stations for most things except Country.
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by opifex View Post
    Oh man, I always feel epicly uncool with regards to my music tastes. I've been on a 80s/90s country music kick lately, specifically female singers. A lot of Reba McEntire and Pam Tillis.
    I'm quite the John Denver fan, myself. I can't say I know many female country singers, though, so I'll be sure to explore the those two!

Edit: Sean, for those unfortunate enough to live in the barren wastelands of Europe, do you know a good way to get around the country restriction on Pandora? I used to use it a lot, but nowadays I need a proxy to connect, and that causes a painfully slow connection which drops after pretty much every song.
    Last edited by Kimberly; 05-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I pretty much have stations for most things except Country.
    Okay, "LOLcats Happy Fun Time Radio" made me laugh.

I don't see a Rockabilly station, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffis View Post
    Okay, "LOLcats Happy Fun Time Radio" made me laugh.

I don't see a Rockabilly station, though...
    haha! The funniest thing about that station is I made it when I was the CM for TOR at BioWare... I posted so many lolcats (internally) that someone said I should make that my station name. If you actually listen to it, it's not so much LOLcats Happy Fun Time...
    Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Right now I'm listening to Savior by Rise Against.

Well my current Writing playlist has: The Piano Guys, Rammstein, Disturbed, Iron Maiden, Rootwater, Heidevolk, Amon Amarth, Bonnie Tyler, Muse, and Queens of the Stone Age to name most of them. My normal playlist has a bunch more lol. Right now I'm constantly listening to Heidevolk because I just picked it up a couple days ago, and it's nearly perfect Viking music.

Been listening to these two vids:
    Faraway (Apocalyptica) by Cello Akademie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmrPbnjkjo

Lindsey Stirling 'Crystallize'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

Other than that, it really depends on what I feel like listening to. Stuff I like include Angela Aki (got most of her albums), Taylor Swift (only recently lol), Apocalyptica, stuff by Two Steps From Hell/Thomas Bergersen, various game soundtracks (the Witcher series, DA:O, Uncharted series, etc.), military marches, etc.
    "Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind."

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Animal Bar

Stadium Arcadium is such a good album
    Thanks Ian for the avatar! From:
    http://gaelvin.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    I'm quite the John Denver fan, myself.
    Oooh,now you got me listening to calypso all over again!
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    I'm quite the John Denver fan, myself. I can't say I know many female country singers, though, so I'll be sure to explore the those two!.
    I also recommend Rosanne Cash (Johnny's daughter), and Bonnie Raitt as excellent 80s/90s country ladies. Of course I also tend to think that good country stopped production in 1999, so that's a factor of my taste to keep in mind.

I've got Dylan going now.... but someone mentioned Viking music above...

Try Tyr. Metal from the Faroe Islands... about as real Viking as I have heard.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1ge...feature=relmfu

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast