Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New to The Banner Saga?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

New to The Banner Saga?

Just recently learn about The Banner Saga and wanting to learn more? Then this is the place to be! Read some of the recent posts and you may just get your questions answered or even learn about something you didn't even know was part of The Banner Saga!

Not finding what you're looking for? Simply post your question and hopefully someone will be able to supply you with the info you're looking for shortly!

Also, check here for various guides: New Vikings Start Here!
    Last edited by sweetjer; 03-11-2013 at 09:11 PM.

I was wondering if the the multi-player will effect what is happening in the single-player (think Mass Effect 3)?

Also any idea on the system requirements?

Not sure about the multiplayer question (which is a great question, btw), but for system requirements, Stoic states:
    While we don't yet know the exact numbers (and we're still actively optimizing the game), being completely 2D gives us the advantage of running at a fairly low minimum spec. We'll give you specifics as soon as we know ourselves.
    "Not all those who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

So.... this is sort of like a Viking Sakura Taisen??

So...I sadly missed the Kickstarter for this, as I'm new to it as a site, and I strongly regret this now.

My question is this, do you have an estimated release date as of yet? I searched for a bit and can't seem to locate anything.

Thanks so much!

They are targeting for November 2012 release!

Thanks so much!!!

My question is this, do you have an estimated release date as of yet? I searched for a bit and can't seem to locate anything.

as above

Quote Originally Posted by lamaz View Post
    They are targeting for November 2012 release!
    "...And upon that banner you write down your deeds so that you cannot forget."

Yes i am new. And what about others.....

plagiarism free checker
    Last edited by Brad555; 10-18-2014 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Removed suspicious links.

I am new here! But psyched to see this game release, I will be watching updates for this fervently, have been following since a week or so after the kick starter ended (How I regret that) but look forward to seeing this come out.

Anyway, question: Have you decided which distribution platforms you are going to use for this game? For instance Good old games or Steam? Sorry if this is a dumb question or answered very often, as I said, still new here.

Good night!

EDIT: Would also like to know some details about Platforms, is it going to be Windows Only? Windows-Mac-Linux? Windows-Mac? As a Linux user [sarcasm]who absolutely adores the 2 minute alt-tab switching to windows[/sarcasm] it's pretty fun when it runs natively here. Anyway, thanks for any and all information.

They've been developing for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It will be available through Steam and also through a DRM-free download after the full release.

Quote Originally Posted by LoliSauce View Post
    They've been developing for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It will be available through Steam and also through a DRM-free download after the full release.
    Awesome, thanks for the answer.

What exactly does the horn at the top of the screen do? I must have missed it in the tutorial.

It's probably in the advanced tutorial (banner icon in upper right from the city view). If not, it's here:
    http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...!-and-The-Horn

And other guides are listed here
    http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?868

Quote Originally Posted by AncientCWS View Post
    What exactly does the horn at the top of the screen do? I must have missed it in the tutorial.
    Long story short: every kill your guys inflict scores a star, click the button to spend a star and add 1 willpower to your current active unit.

Perhaps I missed it, but I couldn't find a 'say hello' thread for new members of the forum, maybe it would be a good idea to set it up and help newcomers with their first post.

Anyway, just saying hello. The game has been wonderful so far, I am seriously hooked - I've been playing for 3 days now and am well over 50 wins so far. I'm looking forward to see how the development will progress, especially the balancing process following the introduction of more units.

Hiya van; Welcome! Yeah, I do not know of such a thread either, and that does sound like a good idea. Somewhat strangely (I think) the forum rules thread attracts a lot of first posts. Looks like the servers are down, but I recall seeing you way up on the leaderboards, so, um, welcome also to soon beating my team!

Awesome

I'm just trying to understand all this. The free-to-play version that is out right now is only part of the game, with the single-player (and other modes) available only to those who purchase(d) the game?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast