Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New to The Banner Saga?

Banner Saga: Factions is the F2P game out now.

There will be a SP Banner Saga game (this summer, supposedly) later. When that is purchased, it will open up new unit-types for Factions. (That is, if you buy the SP versions, you can have different units.)

In the meantime, Factions itself will continue to evolve, with more levels, more unit types, more features, and (eventually) AI.

I'd like to add that hopefully before the single-player Banner Saga game is released, I hear Stoic will add some single-player narrative missions to the Factions game (to flesh out the plot, as a prequel to Chapter 1 of the Banner Saga). I assume these missions will be against an AI opponent, but I'm not sure.

If you look closely in this timeline picture of the major story events in Chapter 1 of the Banner Saga (from kickstarter update #30), you'll see several story events from Factions. I believe the 5 events at the beginning of the timeline (on the upper-left corner of the image) are all from Factions.

Unfortunately the image is intentionally blurred out to keep us from reading the details of the events.

For more info on the single-player game check out the full Kickstarter update #30:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthr...rter-Update-30

I've played before others sega game like vc2

It is to be released as a particular player campaign, The Banner Saga: Chapter 1 – the first of a projected trilogy – as well as a divide free-to-play online multilayer game, The Banner Saga: Factions.
    Last edited by Guğmundr; 05-07-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Removed suspicious links in signature.

I am new as well and missed the kickstarter, is this game already launched? How come I cant find anything about it, where you can buy etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    I am new as well and missed the kickstarter, is this game already launched? How come I cant find anything about it, where you can buy etc?
    Hello! The single-player game (the "Saga") launched on Steam in January 14th, and on GoG.com some weeks ago. The online PvP game ("Factions") is available for free only on Steam for about a year now.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

Hello,

I would like to know if there will be a physical (disc) release for PS4?

Thanks,

Hello:
    I have a strange situation with my save. In short:
    1. I've completed my only savegame about 2 years ago.
    2. I started to play on my PC and sometimes I played on a laptop. No problems with saves. Cloud savings worked good.
    3. Since I completed the game I didn't play.
    4. I reinstalled system on my PC. So all data is gone.
    5. But! There was a laptop with save.
    6. Today I tried to play TBS on a laptop - no saves! Where is them? Also no data in steam cloud about my save. Is there a possibility to restore my save?
    THX!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiraglarm View Post
    Hello:
    I have a strange situation with my save. In short:
    1. I've completed my only savegame about 2 years ago.
    2. I started to play on my PC and sometimes I played on a laptop. No problems with saves. Cloud savings worked good.
    3. Since I completed the game I didn't play.
    4. I reinstalled system on my PC. So all data is gone.
    5. But! There was a laptop with save.
    6. Today I tried to play TBS on a laptop - no saves! Where is them? Also no data in steam cloud about my save. Is there a possibility to restore my save?
    THX!
    Hi there. This seems rather strange... Are you sure the save cloud-sync'd correctly from your PC to the laptop?

Take a look at the local user-folder where your data are stored (it is something like %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\Local Store\save\saga1\ on Windows). The game-engine was updated multiple times during the last years and I think one of the updates changed the directory structure there, so that might be the reason the game can't "see" your saves. If you do find something there (a bunch of .JSON files and corresponding .PNG screenshots), first back-it-up and then try copy-pasting all files into a "blank" profile so that Steam can cloud-sync them again. Preferably do all this before letting the game update (if it hasn't, already) on your laptop; the problem might be automatically solved when the game updates, but don't risk it.
    Last edited by Aleonymous; 12-19-2016 at 07:13 AM.

thx for a fast answer
    Additional iformation:
    1. I played TBC (12.2014) before SteamCloud was added (04.2015). So I think I forgot that I could transfer the save via flashcard and so on.
    2. No save in the folder = I could delete the save from a laptop to continue playing on PC.

It seems I must start a great jorney again

So, mystery "solved", but saves were lost Happy re-playing!

For the record, you can always start Saga2 using any of the two default ("canon") option-sets, without importing anything from Saga1. Actually, these canon options are quite optimized, with respect to surviving heroes!

The Banner Saga deserves commendation for the strength of its art and music experience alone, which shatters conventions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2