PDA

View Full Version : Movie Quote Game

mcloud357
05-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Lets see how veresed in film you guys are. go through the list and post the number of the ones you know but not the anwser. Like I know 1., 3. 23, etc. and no cheating

Let Me Say again do not post the answer and after you post your findings post some of your own.

1. ASSUMED? Brother, I've seen all kinds of dishonesty in my day, but this little display takes the cake. Y'all come in here with your hearts bleedin' all over the floor about slum kids and injustice; you listen to some fairy tales; suddenly you start gettin' through to some of these old ladies... well, you're not getting through to me, I've had enough! WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU GUYS? You all know he's guilty. He's got to burn! You're letting him slip through our fingers.

2. Hey, amigo! You know you have a face beautiful enough to be worth $2000?
Yeah, but you don't look like the one who'd collect it.

3. the duke of new york, A number 1

4. "My father was a judge, that surprises you. He used to make my mother and me watch people being hanged, and one day he said there was too much bad in the world. He took a bullet, put in his gun and spun the camber, and then took it in turns clicking it at each of us. Until he finally blew the back of his head off, with the final click. Understand this, there is nothing on this earth that frightens me now."

5. "You have meddeled with the primal forces of nature and you will atone."

6. "this was him, bam, bam bam"
"yeah bam bam bam, if they hadn't of done what I told them not to do they would still be alive."

7. "You don't live with me, you live among the remains of dead people. You sift through the detritus, you read the terrain, you search for signs of passing, for the scent of your prey, and then you hunt them down. That's the only thing you're committed to. The rest is the mess you leave as you pass through."

8. "Now that we know who you are... I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense. In a comic, you know how you can tell who the arch-villain's going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero, and most time's they're friends, like you and me. I should've known way back when. You know why, David? Because of the kids. They called me Mr. Glass."

9. "The men in his battalion said that when General Vidal died on the battlefield, he smashed his watch on a rock so that his son would know the exact hour and minute of his death. So he would know how a brave man dies."

10. "Remeber, Sammy Jankis?"

11. "Just once in my life, I'm gonna own my temper. I'm telling you that you're gonna stay here. You're gonna stay here if I have to go inside and call your chief of police and have him remind you of what he told you to do. But I don't think I have to do that, you see? No, because you're so damn smart. You're smarter than any white man. You're just gonna stay here and show us all. You've got such a big head that you could never live with yourself unless you could put us all to shame. You wanna know something, Virgil? I don't think that you could let an opportunity like that pass by."

12. "He's a nut-bag! Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda! "

13. " I'm waiting in this cell because I have to know... have I been guilty all this time?"

14. "Are you the police?"
"No, ma'am. We're musicians."

15. "Since the beginning of time 'twas written in the stones that one day a band would come. Well that band has come and now they are here to cum again in your ear pussies."

16. "As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion? "

17. " El, you really must try this because it's puerco pibil. It's a slow-roasted pork, nothing fancy. It just happens to be my favorite, and I order it with a tequila and lime in every dive I go to in this country. And honestly, that is the best it's ever been anywhere. In fact, it's too good. It's so good that when I'm finished, I'll pay my check, walk straight into the kitchen and shoot the cook. Because that's what I do. I restore the balance to this country. And that is what I would like from you right now. Help keep the balance by pulling the trigger. "

18." When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win."

19. "You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fucking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely."

20. "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."

21. "From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now."

22. "9:13, Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal. I was terrified, alone in that darkness. Slowly daylight crept in through the bandages, and I could see, but something else had changed inside of me. That day I had my first headache."

23. "After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone."

24. "He said: You can print money, manufacture diamonds, and people are a dime a dozen, but they'll always need land. It's the one thing they're not making any more of. "

25. "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?"

Troll
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Quite the hard game for non english speaking native, as in culture and native language for movies and such I mean.

Skitnik
05-14-2012, 03:18 PM
The N3 is John Carpenter's Escape from New York,N21 is Highlander, N25 is Tim Burton's first Batman. Memory is a strange thing sometimes...

Mudfly
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I recognized maybe six quotes all in all but the only movies i knew for sure were 8, 14 and 15.
Nice quiz though, i liked it!

Mudfly
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I recognized maybe six quotes all in all but the only movies i knew for sure were 8, 14 and 15.
Nice quiz though, i liked it!

(why did it double post? Does anyone know how to remove posts?)

Suzie Q Sailaway
05-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I knew 6, 12, 15 (my roomie MADE me watch it), 17, 18, 20, 21, and 23. A lot of others were familiar, but I had to look them up. Most of those were movies I had heard of or watched bits 'n' pieces of, but never sat all the way through. A lot of non-PG-13 quotes, hey? Eheh!

Here are a few from me:

S1: "I am nobody's little weasel." (translated into English)

S2: "For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great..."

S3: "I'm going to kill every woman you love until you die. You're notorious for not protecting your women." (translated into English)

S4: "Put a bullet to me. Bullet in the brain pan. Squish!"

S5: "A minute ago this was the safest job in the world. Now it's turning into a bad day in Bosnia."

S6: "So once he's done with the firstborn, Loki takes his friend Bartleby out for a post-slaughter drink. And over many rounds, they get into this discussion about whether or not murder in the name of God is okay. And in the end, Bartleby convinces Loki to quit his position and take a lesser one that doesn't involve slaughter. So - very inebriated - Loki tells God he quits, throws down his fiery sword, and gives Him the finger... which ruins it for the rest of us, because from that day forward, God decreed that all angels could no longer imbibe alcohol. Hence all the spitting."

S7: " I might never have liked you. Point of fact, I despise you. But that doesn't suggest I don't respect you. Dying in our sleep is a luxury our kind is rarely afforded. My gift to you."

S8: "There was a time between the waning age of enchantment and the dawning age of logic when dragons flew the skies, free and unencumbered. Look down there Gorbash, my friend. On that troubled earth below us, confusion and chaos reign. All mankind is facing an epic choice: a world of magic or a world of science. Which will it be?"

S9: "I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew your socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing: I won't watch you die. I'll miss that scene if you don't mind."

S10: "That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you."

S11: "I don't wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you're standing in my way, one way or the other, you're gettin' outta my way."

S12: "My name is Turkish. Funny name for an Englishman, I know. My parents to be were on the same plane when it crashed. That's how they met. They named me after the name of the plane. Not many people are named after a plane crash. That's Tommy. He tells people he was named after a gun, but I know he was really named after a famous 19th century ballet dancer."

S13: "Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest... thing."

S14: "Utter nonsense. If you hear a marching band, is your soul exalted? No, you march. If you hear a waltz, you dance. If you hear a mass, you take communion. It is the power of music to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice. It is like hypnotism. So, now... What was in my mind when I wrote this? Hmm? A man is trying to reach his lover. His carriage has broken down in the rain. The wheels stuck in the mud. She will only wait so long. This... is the sound of his agitation. 'This is how it is... ,' the music is saying. 'Not how you are used to being. Not how you are used to thinking. But like this.'"

S15: "I hate the homeless... ... ... ness problem that plagues our city."

mcloud357
05-15-2012, 06:00 AM
not suppose to state the answer

mcloud357
05-15-2012, 06:06 AM
for suzie's list I know s6, s7, s10-13, and s 15

kolo83
05-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes it is hard for non-english :)
I only knew without cheating 8, 10, 14, 17 and 21.
I'm surprised that I knew (memmory not very good) :)

Edit: From Suzie's list i only know S6 and S15.