PDA

View Full Version : This Game NEEDS a STEAM WORKSHOP

AncientCWS
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
With the beautiful art and excellent gameplay, this game just begs for a STEAM WORKSHOP!

I'd love to see user-created maps / battlegrounds, character clothing and weapons, and more! There are so many possibilities!

simon280586
02-26-2013, 05:40 AM
I doubt third parties could quite capture the art style of the game, since it's all hand drawn animation based on motion capture. It would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to add items to the characters since they're animated as a whole, rather than as separate 3d components.

Rillip
02-26-2013, 06:05 AM
And so far the maps have very few obstacles if any. I think the creators purposefully did this. The fact that the characters are the biggest obstacle on the board seems a hallmark of the game's feel, it highly colors the strategy involved.

franknarf
02-26-2013, 08:24 AM
@simon: I think there will be (Stoic-made) items in the single-player game...
@rillip: I don't see why that should prevent users from trying out different maps in friend matches.

I don't know about new characters, etc., but maps would be cool. It might not be too hard to have a mapmaker that does the art automatically (just elevating/highlighting the tiles of the map; and letting the non-map areas be a snow drift or other generic filler).

At the moment, though, I think Stoic is going to focus on the single-player game.

AncientCWS
02-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah I suppose you guys are right about the character items.

Even if it isn't steam workshop though, a simple map creator would be absolutely awesome. Even if just for fun games with friends. While there aren't many obstacles in the current maps, I think having loads of them might be fun.

dron
02-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Because that went so well with TF2 and now Dota2.
Oh wait...

Xandos88
02-28-2013, 03:17 PM
I doubt third parties could quite capture the art style of the game, since it's all hand drawn animation based on motion capture. It would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to add items to the characters since they're animated as a whole, rather than as separate 3d components.

indeed.