PDA

View Full Version : The Seas of the Network have grown Stormy and Violent...

Finjinimo
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I have been stuck in this tumultuous tempest a terribly long time.

Lagging, not laughing.

Waiting, not warring.

Twiddling thumbs...

I'm bored.

So anyone else having issues at the moment?

sweetjer
02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Intermittent server issues have been reported today. John has been working on adding servers to manage the influx. Hang tight, have faith -- Stoic will have this sorted out asap.

Sean
02-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Ironically, we are having really high winds here in Austin today... related? Hmmm...

mcloud357
02-26-2013, 01:28 AM
whenever I see a network problem this is always the first thing I think of

Warren Zevon
Networking

There's a way to live that's right for us
Like Mayans in Manhattan and Los Angeles
I'm scaling up, I'm breaking down
And I'm doing lunch all over town

Networking, I'm user friendly
Networking, I install with ease
Data processed, truly Basic
I will upload you, you can download me

There's a long hard road and a full hard drive
And a sector there where I feel alive
Every bit and every byte
Is written down once on the night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csQq7kPBRbA

Nines
02-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Minimum:

Processor:1.6GHz
Memory:512 MB RAM

I have 3 GHz (One core), 2GB RAM, HD6570 and only 6 (SIX) FPS on the city screen in fullsceen mode (1680*1050) and 13 fps in windowed mode. Is this normal? :eek:

Game also constantly crashes on the launch.

Evil Laughter
02-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Do you think that there should be a mechanism for ending the game without loosing for when this happens? I got bored after 5 minutes last night waiting for the network to clear so I just surrendered.

Anurak
02-27-2013, 04:34 AM
I think the game would really benefit from an open beta before going live. Lag and crashes are not an issue for me because I like the game and I will try again in a couple of days. It is not unocommon to have these problems with new releases, but if the problems could have been prevented, it would be great.

raven2134
02-27-2013, 05:47 AM
There was an open beta. The beta was open to the public for a small price of $5-10 depending on when you entered or purchased a key. Apologies for the inconvenience, the game was more popular than we realized with the public launch :)...of course this is being worked on, though we are sorta happy with the popularity.The stability of the servers are being improved.

Anurak
02-27-2013, 07:43 AM
@raven2134: Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant a beta where everyone could join without the need to pay first. Not many players are willing to pay for access to a F2P beta. Perhaps this would allow you to test the game under heavy stress before the release. However, I can see why you did that; having feedback from players is important during a beta and those who just want to check the game would not be as useful during that step.
As I said, it's no big deal since we see this problem with almost all games these days and you certainly do a good job at being everywhere in the forum answering questions adn offering clarification. Congrats for a great game.

Mumm
02-27-2013, 08:34 PM
We have been working on these issues please check out the new build notes http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1067-Build-1-5-106