PDA

View Full Version : 51 Renown : 1 Battle -- and I didn't lift a finger

Finjinimo
02-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I just logged back in after a few days away.

I started getting a lot of connection problems and lag straight away, which made me sad. Never fear, I shall charge into battle anyway. Network connection be damned!

Unfortunately for me, it was not to be...

I have a team with 63 v a guy with a team of 65. This should be tough, I think to myself. I get into battle and the fellow surrenders before we even setup our pieces. Too laggy, perhaps.

So no game for me, the end battle sequence loads and I watch as achievement after achievement are stacked on to this one game I didn't even get to play. And I begin to laugh... this is crazy, I say to myself. After the sound of clinking renown dies away, and I regain some composure, the grand tally tells me I have netted a cool 51 renown. For 1 battle. Of which I was an active participant for... a good 5 seconds or so.

So I sit here sipping my tea and giggling to myself, basking in my 51 renown battle glory.

I really like achievements, although I would have prefered for them to have come after a hard-fought, well-earned victory perhaps. No matter. Onwards! To our new to be expanded barracks! Huzzuh!

raven2134
02-25-2013, 09:58 PM
That was probably due to the retroactive achievements being brought online. They take effect when you're first game ends.

Finjinimo
02-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I know. I just found it amusing.

tnankie
02-25-2013, 11:50 PM
well I won my match....but yeah I got 55 renown for it...made me giggle.

piotras
02-26-2013, 05:14 AM
There was a screen somewhere showing 70-80 renown for a single game ;)