PDA

View Full Version : No male archers?

Cyten
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
I just installed this game from Steam and was quite unpleasantly surprised when I found out that all archers are female,every single ranged character is female?!
Is this going to be fixed because it really ruins the game for me.

Thanks

Brodehouse
02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Yes, but now every Varl is female.

Ziggy
02-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Maybe some of them are in drag.

I know what you mean though. All of the characters are right handed. This ruins the game for me.

Cyten
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
I wish there were no female units in the game at all, it just brings down the immersion.

Cyten
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Also, why is this called factions when you play against exactly the same units?

This game just makes me want to play Might & Magic Heroes 6 again. Animations, graphics and variety is much better there.

Ziggy
02-26-2013, 09:41 AM
I wish there were no female units in the game at all, it just brings down the immersion.
Exactly. It's hard to immerse yourself in a fantasy if there's some chick standing next to the 12 foot horned warrior. It's just unrealistic.

erom
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Don't feed the troll.

I think this community, with it's tendency to want to be helpful and informative, might have an especially hard time with this!

raven2134
02-26-2013, 09:55 AM
What erom said, don't feed the troll. If this thread continues without any actual discussion, it will be closed. A gentle reminder to the OP and posters, please direct the discussion to a more productive direction or provide more serious feedback. We don't mind jokes, but we aren't for wasting our breath or the board space either. Similar threads in the future will be monitored.

Note, I don't think or see it as being an issue, so there is nothing that will be fixed. There could be future male ranged classes in the game. For example a male mender and a female mender are both in the concept art for upcoming units which Arnie, the art director provided a peak at.

Current units will be as is for the greater part.

Ziggy
02-26-2013, 09:56 AM
I think this community, with it's tendency to want to be helpful and informative, might have an especially hard time with this!
Indeed - this is really the wrong place to give my innate sarcasm free reign. I'll try to resist temptation.

Flickerdart
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Exactly. It's hard to immerse yourself in a fantasy if there's some chick standing next to the 12 foot horned warrior. It's just unrealistic.
The horned warriors break my immersion - how are they supposed to wear viking horned helmets when their horns prevent them from putting them on? :p

RobertTheScott
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
The horned warriors break my immersion - how are they supposed to wear viking horned helmets when their horns prevent them from putting them on? :p

Exactly!

tnankie
02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
if you read the background/lore there is a reason the archers are chicks.
secondly this is a fantasy world so.....um..... realism wtf?

Shiri
02-26-2013, 06:08 PM

What?? Why do you think the helms are horned to begin with? The helms need to have horn slots so the varl horns are protected!

franknarf
02-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Along the same lines as tnankie (i.e., addressing this as if it's serious): Rook from the Saga has a bow, as do all folks in the same base class, presumably (seen at left here: http://stoicstudio.com/uploaded/artblog/chars_new.jpg )

Alex
02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Troll or not, people find the wierdest things to complain about. We had one backer who got really upset at us because we put a limit of 5 archers in the game for balance reasons and she refused to play with any male characters, in a viking game. What the heck?

Ziggy
02-27-2013, 04:50 AM
People assuming that their own personal "immersion" is an objective measure of quality is a running theme of rpg forums, I'm afraid.

As is deciding that any single element is critical to "realism" or expressing a given culture. Though I suppose that's part of the the larger "there is no middle ground" aspect to expressing an opinion on the internet.

Bloodaddict
02-27-2013, 04:53 AM
Troll or not, people find the wierdest things to complain about. We had one backer who got really upset at us because we put a limit of 5 archers in the game for balance reasons and she refused to play with any male characters, in a viking game. What the heck?

Take it like this: If there is nothing worse to complain about, you did a great job developing this game. What you did indeed!

:D

What erom said, don't feed the troll. If this thread continues without any actual discussion, it will be closed.

Sorry Raven! I could not withstand it! But I will not post again here!