PDA

View Full Version : Clans/Guilds

Razzala
02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Just wondering if there will be any in game features for clans/guilds?

piotras
02-26-2013, 07:39 PM
might be interesting if 2x2 will be introduced

Razzala
02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I think even if its still 1V1 Clans/Guilds seem to add something. I used to play another online 1V1 tactics game called Tactics Arena Online. The clan feature in that game was nice because it allowed you to chat with your clan members in private in or out of battle.

nkollross
02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
I love the idea. Could be a good way to practice strategies and comps against friends. I only have 1 steam friend who plays so having a clan/guild could be a good way for people like me to pad that list. If anyone is interested we could make a clan and use vent/Skype to talk or chat without needing stoic to overhaul there chat system to make it work. If anyone wants to go through the trouble of setting up a website that would be cool as well. I would totally be in for a clan. If only for just more people to talk to in game or about the game. If there are enough interested people I am sure we could pool are talents and make something work.

raven2134
02-28-2013, 11:45 AM
That's true. You know a lot of the developments in the community, like the fan guides, and the streams were done with player initiative. There's nothing stopping you guys from forming your own clans and guilds outside the game, and organizing things that way. Of course, we would want it to be friendly and not too exclusive/elite if you get what I mean, but in the interest of fun, it's something that might be worth supporting.

Slimsy Platypus
02-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I like the idea of clans because in some ways it helps you meet new people you wouldn't otherwise feel comfortable being open with.

On the flip side though, clans and guilds can also provide a deterent for entering a community as they have the potential to foster elitism, drama, and seperate the community into "cliques" who exclude others. In some cases you can enter a multiplayer game and feel like you are playing by yourself if you are not in a clan/guild. I'm not sure how that would translate to Factions.

That being said maybe Stoic could bend the mold a little and create the first multiplayer group known as Factions! [these are all dreamy fantasy ideas from here on out]. I imagine you would be able to voluntarily join a small group of pre-made Factions by Stoic. Each faction would compete for control over Strand. Whoever had the most matches won in the Great Hall would have temperary control over it (which has no real effect). The same could be true for the Beach, the Wall, the Meadhouse, and the Proving Grounds. Each Faction's number of won battles would be compared to see which was the most elite. The Faction would have a long Banner, where every member could modify a small section. Some Factions that worked well toegether would have a nice cohesive banner, while the disorderly factions would be represented with an non-cohesive disorderly banner. As a final option you could donate unused troops to your Faction which would bolster your ranks. Other members in your Faction could have the opportunity to purchase them at a slight discount, but be weary they will only be available for a matter of time, as they will likely die in battle!

Phew, /end Factions rant

franknarf
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Re: Slimsy's idea...Yeah, there must be a good reason for calling it "Factions," right?

I don't know about drama and other typical entailments of clans, but I can imagine it being cool and not to hard to...

Enhance the chat with channels and/or
(more costly) Let an individual or group pay 50,000 R to design their own group-membership insignia that can be sewn onto banners like the achievement icons (plus 3000 R per week to continue using the insignia in this way).

...provided Stoic make enough money to hire other people to improve Factions while they work on the Saga, that is.

Xandos88
02-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Useless if there are no team fights, just my own opinion.

By the way I dont want this game to become one of the others out there, I mean tons of people would spam invite just to see their ranks grow in number, what about groups of friends giving birth to a clan? We would have tons of little clans formed by 2\3\4\n members, that would battle for fame! As I said in the first line, just my opinion.

Cheers^^

netnazgul
03-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Even if there will be no team fights (and I don't see the reason why there can't be no team fights) - there could be clan vs clan tournaments for example, where clan members are matched vs opponents and elo ratings are averaged for the whole clan. Clan overall rankings is also awesome that way.