PDA

View Full Version : Only a 5 minute warning for downtime?

Johnny Law
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Especially with the current network issues that is... not good. Players need to know if they should start speeding things up to finish a game.

I just now clicked the attack to kill me opponent's last unit right as the disconnection dialog popped up. So maybe I'm not the most unbiased observer but really 5 minutes seems like it's not enough advance notice to be a useful warning.

raven2134
02-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Johnny, sorry for the inconvenience. Because of the public release there have been very noticeable server issues (lag). To address this issue as soon as possible and improve the game experience for everyone at the soonest possible time, the "downtime"/fixes are being enacted with less notice (Stoic is acting as they can).

Normally the notices are given 20 min.

Johnny Law
02-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Understood, thanks.

AncientCWS
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
With the instability of the servers, I was actually happy when I saw that 5 minute notice pop up. I knew they were actively working on the problem!

That, and the Devs staying in CONSTANT contact with us is quite refreshing compared to most steam-releases. Usually everythings bogged down and you don't hear anything for a day or two.

Thanks Guys for making a great game and staying on top of things during tumulous times!

raven2134
02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Everyone, the devs, community representatives, and the community, are just doing their best :). Thanks AncientCWS.

olaf
02-27-2013, 03:47 AM
hi

when you have a production server, you must notify a message for one day before it shuts down.

Restarts 5 minutes: this is not professional work as an administrator

raven2134
02-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Hi Olaf, orry for the inconvenience. Because of the public release there have been very noticeable server issues (lag). To address this issue as soon as possible and improve the game experience for everyone at the soonest possible time, the "downtime"/fixes are being enacted with less notice (Stoic is acting as they can).

Normally the notices are given 20 min.

Grunker
02-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Weeeeeell...

Seeing as it's been around 1 hours since I first got the "Check back in five minutes" thing, I think I can safely say that that message should be changed.

Anurak
02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I second that. Saying the server will up in 5 min while it's down for 30+ min looks bad and is quite annoying. It's not like it is super difficult to change a value on a screen.

djangoc
02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Change the 5 minute thing to "Down until we announce its up via forum messaging ability." That way I don't have to bother clicking every 15 minutes, I can just refresh forums occasionally.