PDA

View Full Version : 50 Renown for experienced unit...

Diabolic-Tutor
02-27-2013, 08:52 AM
I just used 50 renown for experienced unit, i tough i could instantly promote him for free coz paying that high price for it...but no, i can't and it did NOT say that i have to spend another 50 points to promote him. i feel like i was cheated in this. You really should put a note there to notify people about this, its just ridiculous amount for 5 kills, so i automatically assumed that the promotion is free...:(

Is it possible to get refund for this, i am sure someone else has made this mistake too.:(

-Edit-
Account name in steam: Diabolic-Tutor / Sedrin87

raven2134
02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
This has been brought up during the beta/headstart before the full public launch, and will be looked into.

Just a small note:
A fresh hire unit without kills costs 10 renown, and after getting 5 kills costs 50 renown to promote. 10+50=60 renown cost.

A unit with 5 kills in the meadhouse costs 50 renown...it did not seem that you were only paying for the kills? 10 renown (0 kills) vs 50 (5 kills)?

Diabolic-Tutor
02-27-2013, 09:10 AM
The point is that i tought i can promote him for free when paying that 50R, there was no notification about you must be another 50 to promote. One mode told me to contact for refund. Is there a email for it or what should i do?

raven2134
02-27-2013, 09:21 AM
community@stoicstudio.com

Morti
02-27-2013, 06:09 PM
I agree with the OPS opinion. I had the same cause, I thought I could promote him right away and wouldnt pay 50 renown for 5 kills (at least for me 5 kills is much faster done than getting 50 renown).

Flickerdart
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
There are situations where paying 50 renown is better than getting 5 kills - when you have a glut of renown (such as from buying it, or playing a lot) and want new units for your team, but don't want to have to baby your crappy rank 0 units until they get the 5 requisite kills.

Finjinimo
02-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Base Unit: 10 Renown. Need to earn 5 kills with it, then costs 50 renown to promote. Total = 60 renown, but more work involved.

5 Kill unit: 50 renown. Don't need to earn any kills with it. Costs another 50 to promote. Total = 100 renown, but no work involved to get full unit (other than earning the renown I suppose).

So, if you have a lot of renown then the 2nd option is what you might want to do, otherwise you would go with the first option.

Perhaps a warning or some kind of advice banner when purchasing units will help people understand better how this works.

erom
02-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Part of the problem might just be that the costs happen to be the same numerical value, making it easier to confuse. Not sure how to fix that, short of making experienced units cost 49 renown or something wacky like that.

An explanatory popup is probably the easiest. It's more clicks for the experiences user, but even the experienced user can be clicking too fast, tired, drunk, or otherwise not paying attention (see the experienced users who still accidentally clicked "dismiss" on a unit here) and thus benefit from the popup.

racalavaca
02-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Well they make you buy one in the tutorial... so you pretty much should know

Tirean
02-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Well they make you buy one in the tutorial... so you pretty much should know

From my experience with new players they don't even read the tutorial.. they just browse through it as quickly as possible and then begin to get confused and angry at the game.

Jorgensager
02-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Part of the problem might just be that the costs happen to be the same numerical value, making it easier to confuse. Not sure how to fix that, short of making experienced units cost 49 renown or something wacky like that.

Next thing you know we get new users posting they thought it was a discounted upgrade for hiring the units that already had the kills. I agree with the extra info in the popup box solution. (i.e. there already is a confirmation box for purchasing units, so just include the info that <this unit requires an extra 50 renown to upgrade> in that same box... too many boxes probably just leads to browsing through them.)

An explanatory popup is probably the easiest. It's more clicks for the experiences user, but even the experienced user can be clicking too fast, tired, drunk, or otherwise not paying attention (see the experienced users who still accidentally clicked "dismiss" on a unit here) and thus benefit from the popup.

Grunker
02-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I'm in this boat too. Lost 50 reknown for a Shieldbanger I could have easily gotten the kills for myself, because I thought it came with a promotion.

Alex
02-28-2013, 04:52 PM
We'll be adding red WARNING text on the confirm popup to better describe what is happening. Hopefully this will help avoid misunderstandings... we may also be adjusting the cost of the experienced units. They're pretty much just meant to be for advanced players who have stockpiled renown and want the convenience of skipping the base class kills.

Waya
02-28-2013, 08:54 PM
We'll be adding red WARNING text on the confirm popup to better describe what is happening. Hopefully this will help avoid misunderstandings... we may also be adjusting the cost of the experienced units. They're pretty much just meant to be for advanced players who have stockpiled renown and want the convenience of skipping the base class kills.

I feel that this is needed and I appreciate you guys doing this. I myself have done the experienced unit purchase with my initial renown. This will help us newbies and future new joins.