PDA

View Full Version : Constant lag/connection issues and other concerns.

DigiRevSkarr
02-27-2013, 01:48 PM
I downloaded the game yesterday because I fell in love with the Art style and I've always been a fan of tactics games. In the time that it took me to finish the tutorial and try out PvP for my first win I was already feeling disappointed though seeing the potential this game has.

My first PvP match was very intense leading to a nail-biting win. The problem was, that 1 match took about an hour due to extreme cases of lag and my opponent taking at least 2 minutes per action AFTER the counter had expired. Hm, not much of a big deal, that game was completed and I won.

The problem is, the second match I played 12 hours later, the same lag issues occured only this time, it took about 8-10 minutes of idling on the opponents side after he had missed his previous turn which took about 5 minutes, the game gave me the "Seas..." blah blah message stating the connection issue. Only to notice that the match had closed down due to connection and I LOST renown.
So, let me get this straight. I lose renown due to server issues? What if I had been on a 10 win streak or something, I'd lose my streak to server issues and renown on top of that?
I don't want to seem so negative but you know what, fine, lets give the old "its a free game" excuse (Yes its an EXCUSE, because many free games operate better than AAA titles so I don't want to hear it).
So I thought to myself "Okay, let me just play the single player" ....but wait. You guys already know the answer to that. This feels more like a closed-beta than it does an actual release. Over 12 hours, and probably even longer than that, of PUNISHING lag (because apparently it counts as a loss if we are disconnected) is pretty unacceptable.

Maybe I'm taking this a little too far, but I had my Credit Card ready because I was really enjoying my second match until all of that happened. I'd be glad to support the game, but not in this state. Don't get me wrong, I think the game is great and has a lot of things going for it, but it is greatly lacking in content and apparently the servers are pretty underwhelming. I'll keep it on my steam for another week or so, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who will move on if these issues aren't fixed by then.

quartex
02-27-2013, 01:55 PM
The developers are working hard to fix the server and lag issues. I played the beta for 2 months and really enjoyed the game - with only 5-30 players online it was very smooth. Obviously 1,000+ players is another matter. If you're frustrated by the lag I'd encourage you to try again this weekend (or next week) by which time they should have things smoothed out. The underlying game is great, you're just hitting growing pains.

DigiRevSkarr
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
I will definitely try again in a few days because even though my post sounded a lot more aggressive than I planned, I do enjoy the game.

I just wanted to express my opinion on how vital server stability is in an online-only game especially if you're going to get penalized for its own instability.

Mumm
02-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Just put up a new build to help with the servers. Thanks!

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1067-Build-1-5-106

syuu89
03-05-2013, 07:41 AM
I've just upgraded my shieldbanger a few hours ago and now when i back login,
my shieldbanger is still the same but my renown has been deducted....i feel cheated in some way
you guys really need to fix this ASAP! or better still give me back my renown:P

raven2134
03-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Give Stoic a couple of hours, it's 7am their time and John went to bed past 3. :) They've gotten back to everyone who has been affected by your issue.