John
02-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Build 1.5.107 Release Notes
Bug Fixes:

Battle: Several sources of battle hangs were mitigated:

Entering battle to a user who has already exited and never seeing them arrive
Battling and then quickly rematching causing a start of battle hang
Surrendering twice causing a hang in match resolution
Opponent exit now forces a surrender more reliably. This can take up to 90 seconds if they suffered a hard shutdown or total network disconnect. We will add some visual feedback including a countdown timer to let you know this is happening in the future

Remaining player should now always gain renown when opponent drops or surrenders
Improved server performance

Changes:

Versus: Added explanation of how matchmaking works

Known Issues:

Elo Achievements don't show up until the battle _after_ you trigger them.
Client Version Too Old
Restart Steam to fix the issue

General Notes:

The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting

KNOWN WINDOWS ISSUES

Crash on startup

Reinstall the game through Steam
Reinstall the game to a different folder if the above does not work

Steam Overlay unavailable
Terrible performance in fullscreen

These are both fixed with the following steps:

Right-click the following
Choose "Settings..."
Ensure that "Enable hardware acceleration" is clicked
NOTE: This does not work with the Chrome browser

quality=high width=550 height=150 parameter=parameter_value

KNOWN MAC OS X ISSUES

The Steam Overlay functions intermittently on Mac OS X
If you load the game without the Overlay, simply restart the game and it usually appears
Crash on startup on Mac OS X
Remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: http://get.adobe.com/air/

For previous updates, see the Patches & Updates (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?22) section.

Floyd Ryan
02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
very important: The flash fix only works with Internet explorer (maybe Firefox) but not Chrome. But it works! Fixed overlay, input lag, and framerate issues in windows.

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1061-Bug-Steam-Overlay-Disabled&p=15555&viewfull=1#post15555

John
02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks, I just updated the post.

very important: The flash fix only works with Internet explorer (maybe Firefox) but not Chrome. But it works! Fixed overlay, input lag, and framerate issues in windows.

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1061-Bug-Steam-Overlay-Disabled&p=15555&viewfull=1#post15555

Jorgensager
03-01-2013, 07:42 AM
ELO achievements slow trigger still operational confirmed :p , but it seems to also be the case with the kill streak achievements (at least the 25 one).

Edit:
Suggestion; Make the league tables rank equal scores with the first to reach that high score first, in the tables where it makes sense... that is, for example, the all-time win streak board.

deroude
03-04-2013, 07:29 AM
REF: crash on startup bug on Windows -- is there a reason a particular folder may have this issue but not another? Assuming there is enough space on the drive, the folder has read/write rights, etc.

deroude
03-05-2013, 05:42 AM
If it's any help, deleting the ".swf" files from /assets/town/ and /assets/town/strand seems to reduce the % of crashes to about 50% which is livable. :D -- or maybe it's just my dumb machine. I assumed you were constructing the swf to make loading faster and there was a bug there, so now it's slower (imperceptibly) but crashes less.

John
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
That is a fascinating finding. I assume that when you enter Strand you no longer see animations like townspeople and troops walking, banners waving, etc...?

If it's any help, deleting the ".swf" files from /assets/town/ and /assets/town/strand seems to reduce the % of crashes to about 50% which is livable. :D -- or maybe it's just my dumb machine. I assumed you were constructing the swf to make loading faster and there was a bug there, so now it's slower (imperceptibly) but crashes less.

deroude
03-05-2013, 05:17 PM
You are correct. I suppose I was so sucked in the action of the game, I haven't noticed the missing animations :D. Obviously, now the log complains about the missing swf and its parts, which causes the game to crash sometimes. But I don't get the infamous "AnimClipDef.cacheFrames AnimClipDef{_id:"vfx_soldiers_wall", _url:"town/strand/vfx.strand.swf/vfx_soldiers_wall", _numFrames:982} is too large, giving up at frame 191/982 after MB=50" error --