PDA

View Full Version : Resolution problems.

Kaffo
02-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Hey there!

I really want to play Factions, but I can't thanks to a small yet yet annoying issue. My screen is pretty large, and I'm running Windows 8. When I launch Factions, the start bar is still visible, taking up a large part of the bottom of the screen, and making it so I cannot select my troops or get vital information.

I have tried running the game in windowed mode but the problem persists, does anybody have any suggestions for what I could do?

Mumm
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Could you post a screenshot of the issue?

Kaffo
03-01-2013, 06:28 AM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9394/bannersaga.jpg

There ya go chief.

netnazgul
03-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Does switching to windowed mode (ctrl+shift+F) help? You can get it as small as you would like, UI scales with it - at least that's what I think.
Though playing windowed mode is only a workaround and it's still an issue

Kaffo
03-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Ah, sadly not, the bottom part is still nonadjustable, meaning I cannot change the resolution.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9756/bannersaga2.jpg

It's a real shame, though I'm not sure how easy it would be to fix for the lads at Stoic? Because of the hand-drawn nature it might be really difficult? Anyway, are there any other known fixes?

LeCheeba
03-02-2013, 07:24 AM
I had a similar if not the same problem. I changed the size of my icons down from 150% to 100% and that solved it. I've no idea why it effected the size of anything ingame but it worked for me. Hope this helps

eduran
03-02-2013, 07:45 AM
I've had that problem with a couple of programs when I still used Windows 7. I found a fix that worked in this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/taskbar-up-top-top-of-windows-hide-under-taskbar/f0f8abfa-20dc-48e5-a6b9-d798157018f9?page=2

Launch and enable the Magnifier and then disable it:

Click "Start" --> "Control Panel (menu item)" --> "Ease of Access Center (link)" --> "Start Magnifier (push button)"
Then Close the magnifier

This resolved it for me and my windows are finally respecting the edge of the taskbar as a limit.

Hope this helps

Note: I had to initiate a switch user and log back into the session however I assume a restart will give the same result

I know it sounds ridiculous but it did the trick for me.

Kaffo
03-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Sadly that doesn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kaffo
03-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Bump-sorry to do this but the issue makes the game unplayable- I can't even deploy my guys at the start of a match! Any other suggestions?

raven2134
03-04-2013, 07:26 AM
I'll bring this to stoic's attention.

eduran
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Not a fix but two possible workarounds:

1) Press Alt+Space when the Banner Saga window is active and select resize or move in the menu that comes up. I guess that won't do anything but it's worth a try.
2) You could try to hide your task bar or move it to another side of the desktop. Rightclick an empty space on the task bar and select properties and you should see some options that could help.

John
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Could you send your client log to support@stoicstudio.com please?

Hey there!

I really want to play Factions, but I can't thanks to a small yet yet annoying issue. My screen is pretty large, and I'm running Windows 8. When I launch Factions, the start bar is still visible, taking up a large part of the bottom of the screen, and making it so I cannot select my troops or get vital information.

I have tried running the game in windowed mode but the problem persists, does anybody have any suggestions for what I could do?

Kaffo
03-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Sure thing! How do I get my client log?

Also thanks everybody for the help so far!

John
03-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Check out the release notes for instructions:
http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1067-Build-1-5-107

Sure thing! How do I get my client log?

Also thanks everybody for the help so far!