PDA

View Full Version : Server Issues [Feb 28-Mar 1 2013]

Sean
02-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone (or afternoon for those of you in another timezone). Looks like the "seas" are a little bit more than stormy right now and looks as if the servers are currently not responding. We're getting a hold of the dev team and hope to have a resolution to this soon.

We'll make sure to update you as soon as we can! We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Sean

Sean
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi all,

As you may already know, the servers are back up! The short story is that the RabbitMQ message queue server went down and required a manual restart. The team is still investigating why it went down and why it didn't restart.

The team may have to bring the server back down to help diagnosis this but things are back up and active now! We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sean
02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
The team had to restart one of the web servers but the only symptom should have been short lived stormy seas. Looking into why this seemed to affect more than that.

fides5566
02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
I keep get disconnected from server and it even worse than yesterday!
Can't even finish a single match. Actually, I got disconnect after 1st turn!

Is the server really fixed? Or this is a problem from my PC?

FYI, I play from Thailand.

Mumm
02-28-2013, 01:16 PM
We are working on the servers thank you for your patience. They will be up shortly once some more fixes get in place.

Impaler
02-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Tried 5 matches today. Haven't been able to finish a single one. Unexpected and unannounced server shutdowns or just complete lag-outs interrupting every game.

Sean
02-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

Another update on this. The team has disabled friend Location updating and it may be down for a few days since it is contributing to some issues. More information forthcoming but wanted to let you know that your friends list friends' locations will not update at this time.

sweetjer
02-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

Stoic is doing everything they can to get the servers sorted out so that people are able to play the game. They've been very happy with the incredible amount of interest they've observed from the public launch...and at the same time, this same thing has taken them a bit by surprise.

The number of concurrent players hit by the game (which peaked at 1400) was not expected in just 3 or 4 days! (The game went live for everyone on Steam on Feb. 25 early evening CST)

The team at Stoic, and the community moderators are continuously monitoring the situation and doing as much as we can to communicate to the community. We understand the frustation this may be causing, and are also concerned about the experience and impressions players currently trying the game may be getting.

Please understand, while there may be other/better ways of setting things up to communicate server status/on these issues...some of these solutions are more work instead of fixing the root of the problem. Also, Stoic as a studio is a small team (5 man inhouse), and they are prioritizing the server issues.

In the mean time, we will try to keep you updated as things progress and ask that you bear with us. Again, it is being worked on and is a top priority.

stoicmom
02-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Thank you, Super Moderator!

Arnie
02-28-2013, 09:51 PM
We apologize for the ongoing server work. Beta went very smoothly with the exception of 2 days where we needed to do maintenance. That's months of great connectivity.
Now that we've launched on Steam there are many more people trying to hop in and it has highlighted some issues that we simply did not foresee previously.

Tech is working on the issues as quickly as they can and every time the server comes down things are found, fixed and the game is built again. A new issues arises and the game must come down again. We're getting closer and closer to nailing this down.

Please know that fixing these issues is the sole focus of Stoic and we seriously apologize for the inconvenience.

VanishedVision
02-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Eta??

Phantom
02-28-2013, 10:08 PM
I accept this downtime with the understanding that it will be insignificant compared to the amount of time I'll enjoy defeating my enemies later.

quartex
02-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Server is back up! Yay!

fides5566
03-01-2013, 05:36 AM
I'm still getting disconnected after 1st turn :/

3 days before the servers went down and maintenance thing, I can finish a couple of matches(with extremely lags though). But lately I can't even finish a single game. I always got disconnected after 1-2 turns.

My PC is running on Flash version 11.6.602.171, Windows 7

I play from Thailand. Could that be a cause of the problem?

Anodai
03-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Matchmaking servers appear to be down again. Nobody can find a match.

agris
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Yea, I'm getting "server down for 5 min" message also, as of 2:52 CST.

Caropel
03-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Good morning everyone (or afternoon for those of you in another timezone). Looks like the "seas" are a little bit more than stormy right now and looks as if the servers are currently not responding. We're getting a hold of the dev team and hope to have a resolution to this soon.

We'll make sure to update you as soon as we can! We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Sean

My sincere critic about this game:
Awesome Game, fu*king cr*p server!

Extremly stressfull to not be able to finish a game because the connections is lost.

Caropel
03-04-2013, 12:43 PM
My sincere critic about this game:
Awesome Game, fu*king cr*p server!

Extremly stressfull to not be able to finish a game because the connections is lost.

Just a quick update:
The game is AWESOME!

raven2134
03-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Server issues resolved!