PDA

View Full Version : Renown for Dismissing Units, Underdog, and more...

Grits
03-01-2013, 01:07 AM
I think it would be kind to give back 25 renown for dismissed units. Why not? If you end up disliking a unit and know your never going to use it, it's a bummer. At least give something back in return.

Also think you should get 1 bonus renown for every 2 troops you have alive after a win.

Oh, and the underdog bonus should bigger.

raven2134
03-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Uh...you mean an advanced unit right? Would be weird if basic cost 10, then dismissing gave 25 haha :D

The troops alive thing I like, good way to go about it. :)

default_name
03-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I think it would be a nice thing to be able to sidegrade your units for the same or lower price. Like 50 renown to change your Thrasher into a Raidmaster or a Backbiter. He will carry on all his kills and you won't be able to choose another name when grading.

RobertTheScott
03-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I think it would be a nice thing to be able to sidegrade your units for the same or lower price. Like 50 renown to change your Thrasher into a Raidmaster or a Backbiter. He will carry on all his kills and you won't be able to choose another name when grading.

Absolutely +1. For Backers, this isn't too big a deal (until levels 2 and 3 come out), but I imagine some people want to experiment and aren't able to get the renown to buy one of each class type.

Grits
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Yes, that is what I meant everyone. This is for advanced units only.

I was thinking:

1. Gain 25 renown for dismissing a promoted unit.

2. Pay 25 to change an advanced unit to a different type of the same class like WM to WH. When rank 2 and 3 are released, changing the class would keep the same rank.

Something along those lines. What do you think?

raven2134
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Hey...that is a neat idea. I don't know how well that fits with the lore though. But I can see this being practical when higher ranked units come in.

Grits
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Another reason to do this is so that people don't quit playing when Stoic decides to nerf stuff. Imagine you spend a few weeks building a 4xbased team and then that class gets hit hard by a nerf. Gonna be rage. So, again, I suggest a little more flexibility.

Yellow
03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I think it would be kind to give back 25 renown for dismissed (veteran) units. Why not? If you end up disliking a unit and know your never going to use it, it's a bummer. At least give something back in return.

Also think you should get 1 bonus renown for every 2 troops you have alive after a win.

Oh, and the underdog bonus should bigger.

+1 to all and each...

Vexbane
03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Some good ideas in here. Instead of a flat amount it could be a % based amount to dismiss a unit. Like you get 50%. That way no matter the rank or if renown values change it will be the same amount.

Being able to change units into other classes for a small amount of renown (I say around 25ish) I think would be good and help people from grinding everything or having to play lower ranked matches to grind new units. The nerf/change comment is a good one. I know would get very pissed if I worked to get a team ready and disliked a change to a key class etc (even a lateral one), so then had to get a whole other unit(s) to rank 3 etc. I think it should happen. This will hold even more true as the 4th upgrade for each class is released and more rank 3 units.

Grits
03-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Yes, a % would be good. Now that we know the price of rank 2 units, this is an even better idea.