PDA

View Full Version : Crashes on exit, references fmodex.dll

DAOWAce
03-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Found a beta thread here: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?272-Game-crashes-on-Exit

Also appears to be a known issue with a very low priority.

Game crashes on exit and references "fmodex.dll_unloaded".

Crash window pops up twice, DEP says it closed it.

Vista x64 as well.

This same 'unloaded' thing happens in a few different applications; makes me think no one bothers testing on Vista anymore as there's rarely ever reports about them.

Mumm
03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
We will be inserting some diagnostics in the next build to see if we can resolve the crash. It's a hard issue to track down, I wonder if DEP is messing with the fmod dll.

Mumm
03-06-2013, 01:39 PM
DAOWAce another thought have you tried deleting your banner saga folder and re-installing steam?

DAOWAce
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
I've had Steam for a very long time and keep transferring it from older Windows installs. I have reinstalled it a few times (via installing over) to get it working optimally (as it works being 'portable' without issue), but otherwise there hadn't been any problems with it.

One time I did try to do a full uninstall and reinstall.. noticed it was taking a long time. By the time I caught it it had ended up deleting 80% of my 200+ installed games library. What a nightmare recovery that job was.

The last time I reinstalled Steam was to fix what they broke in the BPM update with symlinks; destroyed my entire library (registry wise; installation keys mainly); had to delete my symlinks, delete all the appmanifest files Steam created and reinstall everything I had installed one by one, using Steam's multiple library feature included in the update (which gets rid of the need for symlinks). (But even then some games' registry paths were still pointing to the wrong drive!)

So, yeah; reinstalling Steam isn't really something I'm keen on doing.

As for TBS, it's been happening since a fresh installation; not sure how a reinstall would be able to fix it. I'll try it anyway, but I highly doubt anything will change; have a strong suspicion it's a Vista issue (or something with the way I've configured my OS via vLite). Like I said, this same type of '_unloaded' thing has happened with other software, but it's few and far between.

If you need any debug stuff done before the update adds it, let me know; chances are I can provide it. (no promises!)

Edit: Deleted and reinstalled the game; still happens. Actually gave me a new crash window this time along with the double Windows crash dialogues. http://i.imgur.com/iVVDfWQ.png

DAOWAce
03-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Still crashing on exit.

Have the diagnostics been useful thus far?