PDA

View Full Version : Remove Auto-Scroll Down on Chat. Idea/suggestion!

Yellow
03-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I find this rather annoying, and am quite sure most people will agree on this. Every single time i try to see what somebody typed on the chat i keep getting dragged down because of somebody typing something new that i am not interested on reading.

Could we please at least get an option to turn this feature On/Off ?!

Thanks you in advance.

Anurak
03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I agree about it being frustrating. A scroll bar would also fix this.

Yellow
03-04-2013, 06:35 AM
A scroll bar would also fix this.

YES, a scroll bar would be a nice addition, but it would not fix the problem completely as no matter how fast you move the bar you would still get dragged down by new comments, they need to add both an option to turn this of, and a scroll bar + maybe an option to maximize the chat window.

BJSV
03-04-2013, 09:06 AM
I support this, also making chat bigger and available while in match.

Yellow
03-11-2013, 05:33 AM
also making chat bigger and available while in match.

Exactly!

I remember at the launch of the game, you could access general chat by typing /g or something like that, dunno why the feature was removed with latest patch.

Fire Water Gasoline
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
I agree with all of the above. Accessible (and controllable) chat for the masses!

raven2134
03-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Chat will probably stay out of matches. The reason this was removed is because we only have a global chat, no lobbies and no area separate for the people fighting it out. Now try imagining typing to your opponent and trying to read his/her message while global from Strand spams your game :).

Yellow
03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Now try imagining typing to your opponent and trying to read his/her message while global from Strand spams your game :).

I don't see the need of both things being mixed as one.

They could be 2 different chats: 1 being battle chat, and the 2nd being general chat, and we could toggle between them as we like while in a battle by using chat comands:

/g for general chat
/b ? for battle chat

It is not like this is not already present in most if not all MMOs today!

raven2134
03-11-2013, 10:25 AM
But they weren't and there was no time to do this :). So simple solution was to shut off global from battle.

Yellow
03-11-2013, 11:06 AM
But they weren't and there was no time to do this :). So simple solution was to shut off global from battle.

Hmm, but could it be re-implemented(in a batter way) later on or is this a dead cause?

raven2134
03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Could be yep. We'll see. :)

netnazgul
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
We can guarantee anything! (c) Futurama

Drusain
03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
This is actually one of the most obnoxious aspects of the game. Sometimes I'll come out of a match and I see some posts on the discussion that I want to read but since it autoscrolls every few seconds it's too much of a chore to read.

Yellow
06-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Has this been fixed yet?

Thanks in advance!

Aleonymous
06-13-2014, 05:48 AM
It hasn't and it seems it never will, as it's a base-feature of this vBulletin forum platform... I always use the chatbox archive ( http://stoicstudio.com/forum/misc.php?do=ccarc ) when I want to read old messages.

EDIT -- Speaking of forum changes, I'd like to see the old "Steam Links" that showed which users were online, playing what game etc. I also liked the dark-look better, before the hack-attacks of Sept-2013.

Yellow
06-13-2014, 05:59 AM
It hasn't and it seems it never will, as it's a base-feature of this vBulletin forum platform... I always use the chatbox archive ( http://stoicstudio.com/forum/misc.php?do=ccarc ) when I want to read old messages.

EDIT -- Speaking of forum changes, I'd like to see the old "Steam Links" that showed which users were online, playing what game etc. I also liked the dark-look better, before the hack-attacks of Sept-2013.

I was refering to the in-game chat, but now that you mention it, it also applies to the foum chat.

I also liked the older looks of the forum and the Steam activity thing :/