PDA

View Full Version : Please include a "Report rude messages" button in the game

Morgenstern72
03-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Since I was just called a "jew", "gay" (nothing offensive so far) and how my mother is doing some quite strange things (very offensive) because I did use a Backbiter, I would like to ask for a Button to report such people. This should record the chat from beginning to end and notify both players that it is reported.

Yes, you developers have other things to do. But you would not need to look at any abuse. Just if someone gets 5 reports his messages should get a review.

It would help the game to get rid of racists, sexists and offenders of all kind.

Thank you.

Morgenstern72
03-02-2013, 02:58 PM
PS: A report just by filling out some form would not help since I could not even read the offenders name, so many strange characters he has used.

raven2134
03-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Morgenstern, thank you for posting feedback regarding this, and I am very sorry you experienced such a thing in the game.

Stoic is very keen on issues like this, and you are very correct in that the team needs to take some responsibility in making sure players are protected or at least have an avenue to deal with this type of unacceptable behavior. Note, Stoic strongly believes that the way your opponent acted is completely unacceptable.

A mute/ignore feature on individual players is in the works, and even without this, players can currently turn off their battle chat by clicking on the upper left speech bubble. Further improvements and ways of dealing with trolls and similar players will be part of the focus of the team a week or 2 from now.

For the mean time, what can be done is to post here, or email community@stoicstudio.com or help@stoicstudio.com with the details and preferably both the name of your opponent, and the game log from the time (if you cannot type out the name, the game log will have it, as well as the entire chat recorded). Notes on how to access the game log are in the build/[patch notes in the forums, but on windows it's:

C>Users>username>tbs_logs

This is something which Stoic is really concerned about and will address in the immediate future.

Morgenstern72
03-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Thx, I did not know so many posibilities are already available :)

And, yes, my fault: I completely forgot that I can turn of the chat. Sometimes one can not see the easiest solution!

agris
03-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey raven, maybe the wrong place for this but is there any listing of the current chat commands available? I can't find a whisper or friend flag. Also, is the team considering giving each player a blacklist to which they can add players they don't want to end up in matches with? this plus a mute option would be great.

I think the best solution(s) to this kind of problem is to put the tools in the users' hands. You don't want to setup a system whereby Stoic has to read, act on and enforce some kind of policy.

sweetjer
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
right now afaik there aren't any chat commands implemented. There used to be /g when global was an option during battles, but it's been disabled since global is only available in strand now.

Morgenstern72
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
A blacklist wuld be a pretty bad thing, you could sort out just better players. Would be unfair.

agris
03-03-2013, 05:34 PM
@Morgenstern I don't see why, as it wouldn't change the matching algorithm. You could filter specific players, but it wouldn't change the Elo + Rank metrics used for match making.

Ok, I do see a problem. At the highest end, where there are few peers, it would let people filter out their best rivals. Maybe the option to "mute" is all that's needed.

Finjinimo
03-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Some kind of /ignore command or list is probably all you really need. I love me some muted silence, me.

You can still play against someone you've ignored, so elo is not affected and the devs don't have to give up any of their time to review material or apply bans. It's a win/win really.

A report function is useful too of course, especially when someone is being particularly vile in global chat.

piotras
03-04-2013, 07:12 AM
a repeated offender or a person you've ignored in the past could start muted as default

Mumm
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
We are currently working on a system to report/disable.

Moving this to the idea section forum.

Zahar
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Man, maybe I'm just lucky, but I really was NEVER offended in a TBS game.

I could feel the tension sometimes (specially from new players with somewhat offensive nicknames), but they simply did not reply to my greetings, didn't offend me.

The community seem to be very polite, and it has influence over people, I guess.

Beorn
03-13-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm glad this is being worked on. I just had a match today with a very angry 12 year old... or so they said. That said out of over 100 matches I've only had problems with rude players twice.

stoicmom
03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
This is supposed to be funny: i wonder if i have not had rudeness with the massive number of games i have played because of "mom" in my game name :)

netnazgul
03-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Maybe it's more to "stoic" in your name ;)