PDA

View Full Version : Forum Improvement Suggestions

Jorgensager
03-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello everyone.

As a [currently] active forum poster, I run into things I find annoying/room for improvement regarding the forum in the form of functionality that could be added to improve the forum trawling experience for the better.

At the moment, my "urgent" list looks something like this:

The background image is of a fixed size, so on my 13.3" screen it allows horizontal scroll for great frustration.

Although the art is beautiful, I find the "transparent" room between modules (in the centre, not on the sides) quite disturbing [more of a preference thing, I suppose].

***Had I been the evil [benevolent?] dictator of the forums, I would at least allow for an option to toggle the transparent grey colour into an opaque one... if that makes any sense.***

Disclaimer: It is quite possible I find this a lot more annoying than it should be due to the horizontal scrolling.

There is [to the best of my knowledge] no automatic list for threads you have posted in. My current workaround is to go "Thread Tools" -> "Add Subscription" on each thread I post in, and use the link to my subscriptions page as my bookmark for the forums for easy access. It would be nice if

there was an automatic list with threads you have posted in (for further improvements, auto delete threads from this list after 30 days of inactivity to keep it clean).
there was an easier way to access subscriptions than through the profile/epic bookmark workaround.

Make the chat update without bumping you down to the new messages.

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to post and I can add them to the list!

kthxbai

raven2134
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks! Been a long while since someone made suggestions for the site.

KRD
03-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Good stuff, I agree with just about all of that except maybe the transparency thing... so... pretty. :o

On the other hand, it could very well be the thing that makes the forum index scroll sluggishly on my aging laptop. :rolleyes: