PDA

View Full Version : Lucrative multiplayer with friends?

Hemnon
03-03-2013, 04:17 AM
I think it's going to be important to the game's widespread popularity to provide a way for people to play with their friends and still accrue Renown. Once the AI makes its appearance this becomes as simple as a "Co-op vs. AI" scenario. But maybe there's some way head-to-head, or team-fighting could amount to SOME renown award for groups of friends...?
- A co-op vs human opponents option?
- Maybe a small amount of renown can be awarded for time spent in a battle? Like, say, 1 per 10 minutes. Just enough to encourage, but not enough to be routinely exploited.
- Or maybe there's some way to measure if a game is really just one-sided farming operation...

It may not prove worthwhile to try to hammer out answers to these questions, but I can assert that I know people for whom the game won't really be an option unless playing with their friends can offer that addictive, delicious progress of awarding Renown.

eduran
03-03-2013, 06:27 AM
I think the best way go about that would be a 2v2/2vAI mode. Probably a long way from happening, but one can dream :)

fua
03-03-2013, 06:46 AM
2v2 yes!!!!! team fights pvp 2v2 would be so amazing to this game!

Conundrum
03-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Why not make it so that friend matches grant renown normally, but if either side surrenders, *neither* side gets any renown? This stops surrender-exploiting, and also shouldn't be abused by trolls because you're only playing with people you know and trust (at least in theory)?

Meuhoua
03-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Why not make it so that friend matches grant renown normally, but if either side surrenders, *neither* side gets any renown? This stops surrender-exploiting, and also shouldn't be abused by trolls because you're only playing with people you know and trust (at least in theory)?

Yup, i think Friend match must have a reward too, not equal to ranked games but i think there must have :

-> No kill points for no one and no units (it's a friend match so no one "die").

-> A Victory point (also if there a surrender ; if someone exploit for a single point, let it be, everyone have the right to be idiot and waste time ;p).
-> The Winstreak point (but which not grow the streak : if the player is in winstreak, he get a point, but if he lose, he loose the streak).
-> The daily (already there).
-> The timer point (if expert mode 30s/turn).
-> The underdog point.

I think rewarding a minimum friend match is necessary, not everyone want to play "competetive" and just want to play with friend, but in the actual system, they can't really explore units and Renown system.

piotras
03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
The problem is that it can get easily exploited by people who have a lot time on their hands to farm renown with multiple accounts.

The 2 vs 2 is coming at some point. The 2 vs AI scenarios sound fun (300-style battles, where you're attacked in growing waves of randomly teamed units)!

Meuhoua
03-03-2013, 09:56 AM
The problem is that it can get easily exploited by people who have a lot time on their hands to farm renown with multiple accounts

Yep but Renown can't be saled so no "black market" or farming for a lead account ; and, honestly, what can you really buy with farming Renown instead of critical defeats against real experienced players (as buying ranked unit on the market) ?

Less gain on friend match, that's fair, but almost nothing is really rude.