PDA

View Full Version : Possible BUG: Archer can move and puncture?

Zordian
03-03-2013, 05:48 AM
I have seen this a couple of times.
But I havent been sure if I just missed the willpower use.

So I had my eye out for this possible bug.

What seem to happen is that archers that have have moved
are still able to use their puncture abilty.

A normal unpromoted archer with strength 3 took out and archer with strength 6 ar 0 as far as I remember.

Its sounds strange I know, and Im still not convinced myself but I posted this to see if anyone else has encounterd it. And I will continue looking.

On another note
It would be nice if both the skystriker and siege archer ranges where given for their special ability. For instance skystriker selects an unoccupied tile on the board is easily to mistake for anywhere on the board also made my namning a litte of.

Otherwise loving the game.:o

Jorgensager
03-03-2013, 07:19 AM
I haven't seen that one in particular, but I have experienced my archer's damage showing as "0" in the attack menu when the correct number would have been 3 (similarly with armor ~ should have been 2, showed up as 0 initially). This was on one of the upgrades of raider, but not a Raidmaster with Stone Wall activated. Clicking away the menu and trying again made it show up correctly, and I dealt the 3 damage (I think this was in build 1.5.88, though).

So either something could be fishy with the way damage is calculated for the archer, or something is more fundamentally flawed with the way the damage calculator checks for abilities.

In my above scenario I was low on time, so maybe I clicked before the archer had finished moving? I don't know, it's a while ago now!.. and it's only happened once to me in two weeks.

netnazgul
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
A normal unpromoted archer with strength 3 took out and archer with strength 6 ar 0 as far as I remember.

you are sure that archer hasn't used 3wp to deal additional damage? Can be it.

I haven't seen that one in particular, but I have experienced my archer's damage showing as "0" in the attack menu when the correct number would have been 3 (similarly with armor ~ should have been 2, showed up as 0 initially).
I think it's the same bug that was in beta some times where UI thinks that you've clicked somewhere to move your character, but doesn't show it on the screen.

Zordian
03-04-2013, 09:45 PM
you are sure that archer hasn't used 3wp to deal additional damage? Can be it.

Since its an archer unit it does not have 3 WP to use.
But as I wrote Im not 100 % sure.