PDA

View Full Version : Blue version screen

Nhilus
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I downloaded on steam around an hour ago and when I try to run it I get this blue login screen which I found on older threads, however on the other threads it says restarting steam will fix it, I've restarted steam, verified the games cache and even reinstalled it but I still get this screen. How do I get rid of it?

agris
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
This might help. I get that sometimes too, and I always click "live" as the version, then start the game. I exit, re-start and it takes me into the real online version.

Also, when you right click on TBSF in your steam game list, go to properties and select the BETAS tab, make sure it says NONE - opt out.

Nhilus
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately that didn't work, still just keeps popping up with the same login screen. Thanks for trying though.

bwoneill
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
It sounds like you're not connecting to the server. Check your firewall and make sure Steam is in online mode.

Nhilus
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Just tried disabling my firewall, no joy still. :-( steam is defiantly online because I can chat with my friends... I wonder if my routed could be blocking it, any idea what ports it uses?

Mumm
03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Could post a screenshot so we know what error it is throwing?

Nhilus
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Ah. Figured it out. Talk talk safe filtering *what ever it's called* is blocking the connection. I'm going to have to contact them and try and get this fixed. Thanks for all the help attempts people.