PDA

View Full Version : Tempest UI improvement

erom
03-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Just a tiny UI niggle here. It would really help me if the units about to hit by a tempest were indicated (maybe make the base squares off all units hit by the primary attack (two of them at rank 1) colored, instead of just the "target" unit. I KNOW it's predictable but I still manage to screw it up almost half the time I use the ability. This is partially because I have a little bit of trouble with rotation - I was dyslexic as a kid, and I still have trouble with left/right, clockwise/counterclockwise.

A minor point, but I've killed my own archer enough times to want to mention it.

sweetjer
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
It fills in the purple targeting square on both affected units. Next time you do a tempest with multiple units (3+) click around before you confirm and notice how the filled purple squares shift.

here's an example from the screenshot thread:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y7bI1eRggW4/USqxCq-8XcI/AAAAAAAAAQY/imGhG16wBuQ/s1917/The+classic+kill-two-maim-one+ploy.png

Screenshot credit to RobertTheScott

Slimsy Platypus
03-03-2013, 02:13 PM
The units you are about to strike are shown with the filled in purple base plate at their feet. For future reference and because it's currently not stated anywhere in game that is easy to find (Stoic we need it somewhere!), the Warhawk hits the target your select and the next target in a clockwise direction, friend or foe.

sweetjer
03-03-2013, 02:42 PM
I personally never think about the direction of the swing anymore. I just use the UI feedback everytime. I never realized it wasn't in the description, I guess a friendly player explained it to me early enough that I never went looking for it.