PDA

View Full Version : Closed thread with no notification

Jawbone78
03-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask about this or not.

I started a new thread in the Factions Discussion and Tactics board:
http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1180-Kills-with-a-shieldbanger-type-vs-other-types

It got two replies and was closed. I'm not sure who closed it, as whoever did didn't leave any message explaining why the thread was not fit for further discussion. I would have liked to reply to the replies, and I would also have appreciated feedback from other users if any were interested. Looking at the rest of the board, there are very, very few locked threads, so it doesn't appear to be a case of one of those online communities where apparently nothing is fit for discussion (those exist, and lord, do I hate them).

The only thing I can think is that it was closed as an identical thread to this:
http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1079-Levelling-Raiders

But I don't think it is. I'd like to have an actual discussion about how to use my shieldbanger more effectively under the existing rules, not just talk about potential rule changes, and as far as I can tell there is not a duplicate thread.

Thank you.

KRD
03-03-2013, 03:01 PM
That actually looks like a straight up accident to me. I'm sure one of the mods will see this and let you know shortly!

sweetjer
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
The mod should have linked the relevant thread if it was closed for duplication of topic. Not sure why this happened. I'll bring this to the attention of the team and see if there was an actual reason for the lock.

And for the record: you picked the exact right forum to address this issue :D

Sean
03-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Looks like it was locked by accident. Raven reopened it not long ago, though.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we do apologize for that.

Guğmundr
03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm very sorry Jawbone, I closed your thread by accident somehow. I was then hesitant to reopen it because I assumed another moderator had closed it on purpose.

Jawbone78
03-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks Guğmundr. No harm no foul. Just confusion, I guess. :)