PDA

View Full Version : Feed back so far

Jaradakar
03-04-2013, 03:28 AM
Love the art, animation and sound effects. Game is fun to play!

UI:

-I wish I could toggle the armor/health to show only enemies or only friendly (and easy access to go back to showing all).

It can become really difficult to see who's who when everyone is all bunched up together!

-Right clicking when moving to set way points on how you want to move is not very intuitive, I wish you could do partial moves until all your movement allowance was depleted.

Balance:

-Warleader's Forge Ahead feels really really weak! The fact that it cost him his turn also feels wrong! IMO he should be able use it and then take an action. Having to need allies adjacent also feels too limiting.

-Warleader, not being able to reduce his willpower below 5 also seems to limit his customization.

-Rain of Arrows feels super strong, losing a turn if you hit it is crazy good. Not saying it's too good, but I feel others powers should all be on this level.

WishList:
-I wish I could play asynchronously on my ipad/iphone!

-I wish it drew from my Steams friend list so any of my friends on steam who download BS Tactics would show up on my friends list.

-The first Thrasher you get, you should allow a free name change as the tutorial skips by, that you can rename him later. It sucks to learn that you can, but now it'll cost you!

piotras
03-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Right clicking when moving to set way points on how you want to move is not very intuitive, I wish you could do partial moves until all your movement allowance was depleted.
+1

-Warleader's Forge Ahead feels really really weak! The fact that it cost him his turn also feels wrong! IMO he should be able use it and then take an action. Having to need allies adjacent also feels too limiting.
During beta he was able to use it without distance limitations and it felt too strong (send a WH on round one and than 'Forge ahead'-him... or similarly with BB). I understand that it feels a bit poor at level 1 but with more ranks the distance will increase (thus 5 WP will be easily used up). WP is a bit of a balance stat, I think that Stoic didn't want him to be the strongest of all Warriors thus they set those limits a bit lower and as a consequence they've increased his minimum WP (which is a bit of a balance stat).

EDIT: My personal opinion is that on rank 1 he's a good armour breaker (max his armour, give 4 break and some exertion and he can be nasty), but his effectiveness will be much better on higher ranks.

trisenk
03-04-2013, 05:29 AM
-Right clicking when moving to set way points on how you want to move is not very intuitive, I wish you could do partial moves until all your movement allowance was depleted.
Left-clicking waypoints also works. It's very intuitive for me.

-I wish it drew from my Steams friend list so any of my friends on steam who download BS Tactics would show up on my friends list.

AFAIK it works like that, but friend list is temporarily disabled.

eduran
03-04-2013, 05:35 AM
UI:

-I wish I could toggle the armor/health to show only enemies or only friendly (and easy access to go back to showing all).

It can become really difficult to see who's who when everyone is all bunched up together!

You can left click to add waypoints until you hit the commit button. That being said, the UI could certainly be improved. Both of your suggestions sound pretty sensible.

-Rain of Arrows feels super strong, losing a turn if you hit it is crazy good. Not saying it's too good, but I feel others powers should all be on this level.

The thing is, your Skystriker is losing a turn (and one point of WP), too. She could break armor or puncture someone. Instead she does one damage if someone steps into the trap. Sometime that can be a very strong move, sometimes it's a total waste of a turn (especially if your opponent does something unexpected).

Gramalian
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
If anything on the warleader I would like to see the target get to go instantly in replacement of the warleaders turn. That of course could cause issues as he lvls up and what not.

A different solution would be to tone down some of the other options such as the WH and the other one who I cant remember right now. having them walk around with 17 damage or some such and able to drop 4-7+ damage on a full armor unit is a bit much.

Jawbone78
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
The Warmaster is the other one, with 17. Warhawk has 16.

Yes, they are legit threats, but like every unit, there are tactics to manage them. Plus the fact that there can be at most two at a time against you helps somewhat.

BJSV
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Well on rank 3 warleader will be able to do his special regardless or range. If I read it correctly.

erom
03-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Instead she does one damage if someone steps into the trap.

Minor nitpick - Rain of Arrows actually does a normal strength hit. While this is usually 1 damage due to armor, it can be quite a bit more. In fact, if you lay RoA before moving, it gets puncture damage bonuses, which can make it quite substantial.

And yeah, we tried range-less warleaders in the beta, it was broken crazy strong like whoa.

(The idea of swapping the character Forge Ahead is used on with the warleader in initiative, so it instantly becomes that unit's turn instead of the WL, is an interesting one. Not sure it would work/be balanced but it sounds kinda cool at first brush.)

Jaradakar
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes, swapping would feel better, because as it is now at least with my initial impression is I spend a willpower to skip my turn (which just feels horrible).

It could be I don't truly know how to capitalize it or use it. This is very first impression for me.

The only time it's been useful at all, is when I'm in a bind due to bad positioning or map road blocks (pillars + deployment = screwed can't attack anyway) so push forward my own team member who is blocking. But that again feels like a very weak use case.

Maybe with more play/experimentation I'll find better uses, but right now it feels poor.

Zahar
03-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Yes, swapping would feel better, because as it is now at least with my initial impression is I spend a willpower to skip my turn (which just feels horrible).

It could be I don't truly know how to capitalize it or use it. This is very first impression for me.

The only time it's been useful at all, is when I'm in a bind due to bad positioning or map road blocks (pillars + deployment = screwed can't attack anyway) so push forward my own team member who is blocking. But that again feels like a very weak use case.

Maybe with more play/experimentation I'll find better uses, but right now it feels poor.

Exactly how I feel - even if I KNOW rationally it's not exactly losing a turn, it feels bad.

With long range it would prolly be reverted once you felt smart creating combos. Other units with rank 2 and 3 skills being played twince in a row also promote combo value; right now he feels really weak, and frankly it feels like they neutered him out of fear of his potential.

gripho
03-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Back when it had full board range at level 1, it was clearly OP. Now, it's probably a little under-powered compare to many other abilities, but situationally it can be quite powerful. It's the kind of ability you won't use more than once or twice in a match

eduran
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Minor nitpick - Rain of Arrows actually does a normal strength hit. While this is usually 1 damage due to armor, it can be quite a bit more. In fact, if you lay RoA before moving, it gets puncture damage bonuses, which can make it quite substantial.

Slightly off topic, but thanks for pointing out my mistake. I actually didn't know that.