PDA

View Full Version : Support of Bannersaga chapters for non kickstarters

blazin961
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately I missed backing your project on kickstarter but I love the free to play multiplayer.

I noticed that on your website you are not currently taking pre orders or taking continued backing for the game unlike other kickstarter project games such as Wasteland 2. I would love to pre order the game and if others feel the same as me you might be missing out on a good amount of continued support.

My suggestion is offer continued backing (pre ordering) through release. You could charge an extra amount (5 dollars perhaps) more than your original kickstarter backers pledged for the same reward yet still offer the game below its final release price. With one offering for the 1st chapter and one for all 3 with an extra discount.

Looking forward to the full release!

Jorgensager
03-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Erm... I think the intended price for chapter 1 is $10... (or so it appears on the Kickstarter page), so if anything they could sell preorders at +$5 to the people who specifically want their money to help the team with the development [and don't want to buy colours in factions/have bought them all] ~ somewhat analogously to the way they sold beta keys for a f2p game.

raven2134
03-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Chapter 1 will cost more than $10. I don't have the exact price, but the $10 kickstarter was $10 because it was Kickstarter, it was a pledge, not a pre-order ;). I'd say expect $15-25 at least.

That said, no pre-orders yet because no hard release date has been announced and decided.

Lekkit
03-09-2013, 05:28 AM
I bought the permanent renown boost to support Stoic. I'm planning on buying the game too.

Jorgensager
03-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Chapter 1 will cost more than $10. I don't have the exact price, but the $10 kickstarter was $10 because it was Kickstarter, it was a pledge, not a pre-order ;).

Aha, well, that makes sense! All this while I've wondered why they would sell their game so cheaply (most other Kickstarter pages I've seen which give a discount typically have been $5, and they make sure to state it in the reward description as a "selling point"). ^_^

With that cleared up, it still doesn't make any sense to give us a discount unless they desperately need the money.. to which I'd dare bet the answer is "no", since the release date has been postponed by over half a year due to huge money influx.. ^_^

SFxBA
03-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I also found out about this game in the days leading up to the F2P transfer and did manage to get in at that point. It would be nice and it might be in the works for us that did come late to the party to be able to show some support. I just find Stoic and BS to be a welcome change to the gaming winds.

Here's hoping some pre-order type arrangement is in the works.

Goreshank
03-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I did the same. I don't have any gripes with supporting Stoic with the occasional purchase from there cash shop. I will certainly be buying the single player as well.

Yellow
03-11-2013, 05:52 AM
To support the game; i quote myself from here (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1231-How-do-I-help-fund-(or-pre-order))

If u want to support the Company there are 2 ways right now that i am aware of, 1 is by purchasing merchandise such as posters from here :

http://store.stoicstudio.com/

and the other one is via the in-game market, where u can purchase diferent skins for the units, as well as renown and renown boost.

PS:
I also missed the entire kickstarter thing back in the days, and only found out about this game thanks to Steam, but got to say i fell in love with it ^^) and been since then spreading the word around as much as i can + am trying to purchase 1 of the posters myself as they look quite awesome.