PDA

View Full Version : Journey joins Video Games Live!

Awintory
05-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey everyone - Austin Wintory here. In case you didn't know I'll be writing the original score for Banner Saga, and I also wrote the score to thatgamecompany's recent PS3 release Journey (and their first game flOw, plus some other games like the upcoming Monaco).

I wanted to let everyone know, especially for anyone living in LA, that Tommy Tallarico has invited me to join the VGL tour! I wrote a short blog post about it, with links for details: http://austinwintory.com/news/video-games-live/

VGL comes to Austin next year ... maybe Banner Saga will be on that one???? :)

Eberict
05-30-2012, 07:54 AM
That's great news, Austin! Congrats! By next year, hopefully Banner Saga will be a part of the tour! If not, I'm sure you can sneak some of it in. Y'know... nudgenudgewinkwink style. It'd be a great hat tip to the guys ;)

Arnie
05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Austin said the Banner Saga would most definitely be on VGL next year or he'll eat his hat...you heard it here first!!!

Awintory
05-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Austin said the Banner Saga would most definitely be on VGL next year or he'll eat his hat...you heard it here first!!!

Ha! Yes indeed ... :)

LoliSauce
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
lol

PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE

Illessa
05-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, that's awesome!

Here's hoping there's some Journey (or indeed Banner Saga ;)) the next time there's a VGL event in the UK!

Dark Jedi Dave
06-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Gotta say, I'm disappointed VGL took Seoul, South Korea off their 2013 tour list. I mean, this is hands down the most fanatic gaming country in the world, and they cancelled the trip but are still hitting other Asian countries. :mad:

lamaz
06-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Awesome and congratulations!

Puddingpie
07-24-2013, 02:26 AM
My friend went to VGL for her birthday and had a great time! Nobody in her group had even heard of Journey, and everyone already had their favorite nostalgia music, but when they came home from the concert, the music from Journey was all they could talk about. It was just that awesome.