PDA

View Full Version : Where are the spearmen?

OrangeOct
03-14-2013, 12:44 AM
There arn't any units that fit the flavor of a spear. Sure we got the shield banger who uses a spear but it can't hit diagonal or further then 1 space ahead. I think a real spear type would be a nice addition.

Vexbane
03-14-2013, 12:53 AM
I think one of these units is in the works. Patience is a virtue:)

Butters
03-14-2013, 04:18 AM
It has been confirmed that spearmen are coming to Factions.
Most likely they will be one of the 5 base classes to come with the release of Saga episode 1.
My guess is that they will have an attack range of 1-2, so diagonals. I can see them having one of the upgrades (or even their base passive) allowing to "support" allied strikes, ie : if an adjacent unit attacks and its target is in range of the spearman, the spearman does an additional X to the target - X being maybe 1 health ?

I strongly advise you take a look at the "new units ideas" post and the liked threads which have a lot of info on the classes to be released and some speculation/ideas about more.

Leartes
03-14-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm going to check these threads out right now. Just wanted to add: I really hope the additional classes come before saga 1 release! Mostly because I can't wait, but also for playtesting, balance, bugs etc.

Really looking forward to spearman and menders.

piotras
03-14-2013, 06:16 AM
The next in line are a additional units to each of the current classes. As new chapters of the Saga (singleplayer) will come out we can expect to see more unit classes.

We already know about spearmen, menders and later in the saga we can expect centaurs. Although we can kinda expect what's coming, it's not yet confirmed, but quite likely it will be maintained in a low-fantasy setting.