PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Starter Pack a week ago and now the pack is cheaper?

siveal
03-15-2013, 06:52 PM
It was on sale for 9.99 and I had time to play on leave, but now I see the pack is cheaper at a regular price. What's the deal?

I know the price difference is less than a drink from Starbucks, but I'm seriously leery about buying anything else if price drops like these are going to continue. I'd e-mail support but I still haven't recieved a reply from a dissapearing unit issue I had two weeks ago.

Dysp
03-15-2013, 07:23 PM
I look at most purchases as a product of both service and time. Almost everything everywhere now fluctuates in price greatly, from sales or just total repricing. If you bought something a week ago and now it's cheaper, you essentially paid more to have access to it earlier and for a longer period of time.

As far as waiting for prices to stabilize, I completely understand. From my point of view, I'd say prices are pretty low currently, and I really wouldn't expect them to drop much, if any, further on. But where the prices do go, I cannot say for certain, as I'm just making a guess from the prices since beta.

franknarf
03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Besides the psychological angle Dysp brings up :), I think Stoic are planning to compensate you, probably in Renown, but may not have done it yet.

siveal
03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
I look at most purchases as a product of both service and time. Almost everything everywhere now fluctuates in price greatly, from sales or just total repricing. If you bought something a week ago and now it's cheaper, you essentially paid more to have access to it earlier and for a longer period of time.

I agree and that's exactly why I spent the money to cut time but I don't understand how a price changes from being on 'sale' a week ago to being cheaper at regular price today when the game hasn't been out for more than a month. There was little notification and nothing to hint at a pricing change. To me that seems like poor planning and I'm hesitant to make more purchases till they bring the cash shop out of 'beta'.