PDA

View Full Version : Best Stats for Each Unit

masterblaster
03-18-2013, 12:56 AM
hey all

One thing I've learned playing TBS is that every stat point matters. So I'm looking for comments from more experienced players regarding stat distribution for all the different advanced units. Please explain the reasons for the units' stat distribution and how it effects gameplay. I've seen a surprising variety of unit stats and I'd really like to know the logic for these choices.

I'm also curious if anybody using multiple units has different stats for those units, like a high armor/low willpower Bowmaster and a low armor/high willpower Bowmaster on the same team? When using multiple units is it best to give them all the same stats?

Butters
03-18-2013, 01:22 AM
The easy answer would be "there's no best setup, it depends on your intended unit's role, build synergy, etc". While that's true, you'll see some stats distribution often enough that you can probably comment on them as "most effective".
I'll just give you my own most used, and refrain from commenting on the classes I know less.

-Warhawk : 9/16/3/2/1 or 10/16/3/1/1
Probably the most straightforward. Not much to have dilemmas about. You want max strength and a few WP points to do your thing, but not that much. 2 Exertion will give you range advantage on enemy warriors with 1 exertion, which is often enough to win you the duel.

-Warmaster : 9/16/3/2/1 or 9/17/3/1/1
Same deal as the WH.

-Trasher : 11/12/4/1/1
That's what most people go for ATM, and the most solid and easy to play spec. Speccing for higher exertion is also perfectly valid, but I don't know the right numbers for that.

-Bowmaster : 6/8/7/3/2 or 7/8/6/3/2
I don't really see a reason to spec them otherwise (enlighten me !). I run with the first, esp since getting one-shot by BBs is not on the table anymore.

-Siege Archer : 10/7/6/1/2 or 7/7/7/3/2
Two very different builds here. I run the first, as a front-line, burning coals only (or almost) SA. Survivability is a must so 10 armor is not negociable. On the other hand you'll have a hard time functioning as a standard archer with only 1 exertion.
The second is more orthodox, with the capability to do some big armor break instead of coaling, but much more squishy. If speccing like that I'd probably go for a BM instead.
You could possibly go for the middle ground between those builds.

Will edit later for more ; I'll go play some now ^^

netnazgul
03-18-2013, 02:21 AM
-Warmaster : 9/16/3/2/1 or 9/17/3/1/1
Same deal as the WH.

-Trasher : 11/12/4/1/1
That's what most people go for ATM, and the most solid and easy to play spec. Speccing for higher exertion is also perfectly valid, but I don't know the right numbers for that.

-Bowmaster : 6/8/7/3/2 or 7/8/6/3/2
I don't really see a reason to spec them otherwise (enlighten me !). I run with the first, esp since getting one-shot by BBs is not on the table anymore.

Warmaster: I've now come to more defensive 10/16/3/1/1 build, so using him more like siege archer. Maybe even should try 11/15.

Thrasher: almost everywhere I've played him 10/11/4/2/2 and even 8/11/5/2/3 before that (second variant is less viable now as more players become aware of his danger when maimed). That way he is used as armor breaker in early game and harasser/blocker in the latter stages.

Bowmaster: I see her mainly as a late-game pounder, so excessive armor break is not needed. That's why I see 7/8/7/3/1 as a more grounded stat distribution.

Also to add to popular decisions:

- Strongarm: 14/14/2/1/1
Late-game crusher. Can be used to reposition your warrior before his turn somewhere near the frontline.

- Raidmaster: 12/7/4/3/3
Never played that way (I use more agressive 11/9/4/2/3 ones), but these are good armor breakers, also to be used in pairs. Use stonewall on the first round so noone can deal with them, then wait for enemy to close the distance and deal a substantial armor break after that.

masterblaster
03-18-2013, 09:04 AM
so, more balanced stats aren't viable in most situations?

any suggestion about using different stats for twin units on a team?

trisenk
03-18-2013, 09:31 AM
so, more balanced stats aren't viable in most situations?
It varies from unit to unit. 12/8, 10/10 and 8/12 thrasher/raidmaster are all useful in different situations and roles. But a 12/12 warhawk is nowhere near as good as one with 8/16. First isn't good at anything, while second is The Threat You Must Neutralize Before He Hits You.

any suggestion about using different stats for twin units on a team?
Don't think in terms of units, single or twin. Think in terms of roles in your team. You can have 2 thrashers - one with strength and exertion as a flanking mobile threat, and the other one with high armor and low exertion, used as cannon fodder, etc.