PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Army painter

No Leaf Clover
03-18-2013, 04:38 AM
Hello,
First this is my first post here, so hello everyone.
I just registered to suggest this.
While trying different rosters, I ended up wanting some kind of visual coherence, because it looks so good it fills opponents' hearts with dread. Well it can.
But colour schemes per unit types/upgrades are really messy when you try to make them get along together.
So I thought maybe a colour editor could be implemented ingame, and was wondering if this idea would actually be popular, so here I am.
I know, though, that this could cripple the colour Stoic sells ingame, but maybe some kind of compromise could be found?
I would definetly pay for an army painter, much more than for preset colours I don't especially like (I mean come on, that torero-like provoker just isn't viking enough to my taste).
What do you guys think?
Thanks for reading !

raven2134
03-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi No Leaf Clover :). Welcome to the Stoicstudio forums. Actually, this was the subject of much discussion during the last 2 weeks of the beta, when the marketplace and what it offered was introduced for testing.

What the developers (Arnie) said at that time was this is a really cool idea, and they would have wanted to do this. But at the moment there are technical, manpower and other limitations/constraints that mean this isn't feasible right now or in the immediate future.

They'll probably revisit the idea and come up with even more crazy stuff (as they are wont (https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=wont&aq=f&oq=wont&aqs=chrome.0.57j60l3j65j61.477&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) to do) when the workload clears up a bit and the single player is released.

No Leaf Clover
03-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Oh, nice. I didn't know that, of course. I thought maybe it'd br easier to implement into the solo game or something. Time will tell, then, guess I'mm back to trying to coordinate my troops as they are now!
Thanks for the answer!

KRD
03-18-2013, 08:30 AM
You just want them all clad in various greens, admit it!

Necronator
03-18-2013, 08:33 AM
I'd like to see something like that aswell, or at least an option to buy all skinpacks at once for all classes instead of buying all seperate. I plan on having atleast one of each class at some point and it would be nice to be able to buy the whole skin bundle at once(of existing and future classes/races whatever).