PDA

View Full Version : Build 1.6.43

John
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Build 1.6.43 Release Notes
Changes:

Classes: Rank 2 & 3 now available for

Siege Archer:

Slag & Burn 2: Explodes in 5 tile radius for 1 str dam per tile. Target unit takes +1 Break / +1 str
Slag & Burn 3: Explodes in 5 tile radius for 1 str dam per tile. Target unit takes +1 Break / +2 str

Thrasher:

Bloody Flail 2: 5 attacks at 1 str or arm each. Last hit adds +1 for each adjacent ally or may miss
Bloody Flail 3: 6 attacks at 1 str or arm each. Last hit adds +1 for each adjacent ally or may miss

Warhawk:

Tempest 2: Normal str damage to 3 adjacent enemies, starting from target and going clockwise
Tempest 3: Normal str damage to 4 adjacent enemies, starting from target and going clockwise

Strongarm:

Battering Ram 2: Knock adjacent unit up to 4 tiles for 3 armor dam + 1 per unit they pass through
Battering Ram 3: Knock adjacent unit up to 4 tiles for 5 armor dam + 1 per unit they pass through

Classes: Siege Archer Max Armor reduced to 9, Max Willpower increased to 13
Achievements: Steam achievements are now hooked up. All achievements earned in game will be applied retroactively when you login.
Great Hall: Versus banner now split into 2 parts:

Quickmatch: Find the best possible match with a Power difference of up to 4, and disregarding Elo. Quickmatches do not affect ranking.
Ranked: Find a perfect power match at the closest possible Elo. Ranking is affected.

Chat: responsiveness improved
Battle: Underdog bonus increased to 1 renown per power difference, up to a maximum of 4 renown

Bug Fixes:

Friend: Prevent starting battle with zero sized party
Tourney: Fix a bug that was requiring matches to have Elo within 4!
Server: fixes affecting Leaderboard refreshing

Known Issues:

Elo Achievements don't show up until the battle _after_ you trigger them.
Friends show as offline when they should be online
Restarting TBS:F client sometimes fixes the issue

Client Version Too Old
Restart Steam to fix the issue

General Notes:

The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting

KNOWN WINDOWS ISSUES

Crash on startup

Reinstall the game through Steam
Reinstall the game to a different folder if the above does not work

Steam Overlay unavailable
Terrible performance in fullscreen

These are both fixed with the following steps:

Right-click the following
Choose "Settings..."
Ensure that "Enable hardware acceleration" is clicked
NOTE: This does not work with the Chrome browser

quality=high width=550 height=150 parameter=parameter_value

KNOWN MAC OS X ISSUES

The Steam Overlay functions intermittently on Mac OS X
If you load the game without the Overlay, simply restart the game and it usually appears
Crash on startup on Mac OS X
Remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: http://get.adobe.com/air/

For previous updates, see the Patches & Updates (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?22) section.

franknarf
03-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Wow, big update. What's the rationale behind leaving Elo out of the quickmatch matchmaker? I think I'd still prefer to be matched by skill, to the extent possible.

A shame I'll never be able to beat a random opponent with team power six above mine again. :p

Butters
03-20-2013, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the big update. Lots of good stuff in there.

What we need next is a "rank selection" mechanic for units. As more people move to rank 2-3 units with what they saved up to this point, it's going to get very expensive to buy and upgrade new units to be able to play at power 6 for tournaments (and general play ; at the moment I doubt you'll find anyone in ranked at power 12 in under 30 minutes, if ever).
With the tournament coming up soon, I'm tempted to buy some r1 units to replace my r2'd units, but this is most likely to turn out to be a complete waste later. Meaning I will be skipping this week's tournament.

[EDIT : just read elsewhere that implementation for this was commented on by Stoic as "too time consuming", which is fair enough. We Factions players may be a bit vocal about our whishes/demands, but we do want to see Episode 1 coming as soon as possible, and are aware that while you're doing this you're no doing that (at least that's my position). I guess I'll just suck it up and get r1 doubles for my leveled units.]

Also, what was that with the forum down ? But I guess that's off-topic...

raven2134
03-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Host went down. It was out of Stoic's hands.

Verifying the SA change, the text here might be reversed.

Butters
03-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Text on the SA ability here seems consistent with both in-game description and my experience on the receiving end of it earlier today.

netnazgul
03-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Text on the SA ability here seems consistent with both in-game description and my experience on the receiving end of it earlier today.
ingame description says +1arm and +2arm for rank2/3, here it's +1str/+1arm and +2str/+1arm

simon280586
03-20-2013, 03:37 AM
Quick question: do ranked matches now count even if they're below power 6?

Butters
03-20-2013, 03:45 AM
ingame description says +1arm and +2arm for rank2/3, here it's +1str/+1arm and +2str/+1arm
No it doesn't ?
Indeed ingame description for r3 says base break + 1arm + 2 str.

Or do I fail at reading comprehension 101 ? (it's a possibility, honestly)

The mechanics in place before the update stay, so I'd assume power <6 stays out of ranking. But that's a good question, let's see what the official answer is.

Yellow
03-20-2013, 10:01 AM
nice work, the update notes seem quite promissing :)

Vexbane
03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I too like these updates. Very good patch.

I still have one question. Sorry if it is obvious and I am missing something.

The click on units to see stat issue. I am still not seeing the stats for the units when I click on them. Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Currently the only stats I can see are the current units turn. Doesn't matter who I click on or where (either initiative box or on the field. It shows their effective movement range and that is all I can see. The stats that appear on the bottom left of the screen area are still the stats of the current unit that is going.

I have a screen shot to illustrate this, but for some reason cannot get it to show.

raven2134
03-20-2013, 11:22 AM
John said that would be for the build after Pax. That's for late next week.

Vexbane
03-20-2013, 11:24 AM
ah ok thanks for the update raven. Was not sure if it was me or not. Keep up the great work everyone. Really enjoying this little gem and cannot wait for SP.

Butters
03-20-2013, 01:06 PM

As you may have realized already, you can't actually do ranked matches with a power < 6 team.

WildKun
03-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Warhawk scale is pretty strange.
2 units tempest is good, 3 units tempest is very hard to land against normal player(and on such lvls they're usually such) + if there is 2 enemy units 1 your unit near you have problems , probably slightly better then previous lvl, hard to say.
4 units tempest is much worse(!) then previous lvl because it's impossible(realism) to land strike on 4 enemy units and you can't have any units standing near cause they'll get dmg.

So lvl2 ability is better then lvl3 which is strange.

And thanks for update, looks pretty nice :)

Leartes
03-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Warhawk ability will rarely be used on its max power, but you can always use a lower level with the rank 3 warhawk. Also warhawk bonus stats are really big imo.

hreinnbeno
03-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Warhawk scale is pretty strange.
2 units tempest is good, 3 units tempest is very hard to land against normal player(and on such lvls they're usually such) + if there is 2 enemy units 1 your unit near you have problems , probably slightly better then previous lvl, hard to say.
4 units tempest is much worse(!) then previous lvl because it's impossible(realism) to land strike on 4 enemy units and you can't have any units standing near cause they'll get dmg.

So lvl2 ability is better then lvl3 which is strange.

And thanks for update, looks pretty nice :)

You can still use a level 1 tempest in level 3 warhawk. Same level 2 in level 3. It is about the extra number mainly and secondly if it happens that you can use a level 3 tempest it is realllllllllllly devastating.

caine1138
03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Looking strong, PAX ought to be a "slamdunk".

simon280586
03-21-2013, 12:56 AM
As you may have realized already, you can't actually do ranked matches with a power < 6 team.

I hadn't actually, so thanks for the reply!

Bloodaddict
03-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Since the last thread where I posted this was moved to the archive before anyone responded, I just post it again:

---

Tourney: Tournament times now from Wednesday 1200 CDT (1700 GMT) to Sunday 1800 CDT (2300 GMT)

Is there any good reason (or at least any reason at all)* not to allow a time frame of 24 hours for every 5 games? I would really love to see the tourney going from Tuesday 1800 CDT to Sunday 1800 CDT. I think it is a very strong assumption that 6 hours for the last 5 matches provide a fair chance for every player all over the world. Another good alternative in my view would be to limit the number of games to 20 in case you want to keep the time window as it is now, so that the last 6 hours are just to catch up and do not allow 5 new games.

* The only one that came into my mind is that you are very patriotic and wanna give the crowd around your time zones some extra advantage over the rest of the world...
---

I think, this could become my ceterum censeo, so don't expect me to shut up before I see a good reason or a change! ;) (Where it should be clear that I prefer the latter...)

WildKun
03-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks for info, didn't know that you can use lower ability lvl.
Warhawk isn't UP, problem that only reason to upgrade him on last lvl is additional skill point while other units gets more powerful ability.

LordLupin
03-23-2013, 10:24 AM
This explanation to Seiege archers ability is much more consistant and easy to understand than the one in the game. The one in there actually still sounds like it's supposed to add the extra strength and break to the explosion. It might just be me reading into things, but i still feel it could have been better explained ingame. The short explanation in this patch note gives a clear idea what the ability actually does. If nothing else it just needs to mention that the explosion do 1 strength damage no matter what.

On that note i also feel that Warmaster and Warhawk does not have the same amount of display that bowmaster has, in that they have a 100% hit rate on their ability.

Vomito
03-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Ranked: Find a perfect power match at the closest possible Elo. Ranking is affected.

Thank you for this! I was so frustrated with constantly being dumped into games with players 3-4 ranks above me, that I was ready to throw in the towel and delete this game forever.

Now with this new system, I'm matched perfectly every time! I win some, I lose some. But now, I lose to a bad move on my part and not by just being out ranked and over powered.

bruther
03-27-2013, 07:48 AM
A small bug report:

When a siege archer has used Slag & Burn to lay down coals on the map, and a shieldbanger walks across the coals and ends up adjacent to the siege archer who shot them, the engine seems to read that the siege archer has "damaged the shieldbanger from an adjacent tile" and the archer loses a point of armor to Return The Favor. This doesn't seem like an intended behavior.

I've seen this happen at least three times in the current build, although, if it helps, I've only specifically noticed it happening when the shieldbanger is a shieldmaster. At first I thought it was some obscure, shieldmaster vs. siege archer rule, but I now conclude that it's probably just a misfire of Return The Favor.

I haven't tried it, but I wonder if the same thing might not happen if a shieldbanger walked into a Rain of Arrows at the same time as he walked up adjacent to the skystriker who fired it...

Butters
03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
A small bug report:

Bug reports should go to the "help and support" forum (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-Factions-Help-amp-Support).
The SA vs Shieldbanger bug is not specific to the newest build. The devs are aware of it. I too hope for a quick fix as this is a pretty annoying one.