PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Quick match ending stalled, over 6 hours! STOIC PLS

h44
03-30-2013, 01:55 AM
First off I want to make it clear I enjoy the game and think the community and devs are excellent. With that said, this end of battle stalling bug absolutely needs to be fixed! As of this post, the battle is still running for 6 hours even though my opponent has cleanly won. I can send/receive messages to him, so the server is still aware of the game. It is not a bug on my end nor on my opponent's end. This is a problem with the game's net coding somehow and really deserves a high priority fix.

I know that sometimes game moves are delayed, and it takes some time to update and register the new information. But to leave the game hanging for over 6 hours is unacceptable. During this time, I have managed to play several other games, eat dinner, exercise, and surf the web with banner saga continuing to stall in the background. Where is the server cleanup process? The error checking? The timeouts? STOIC PLS.

Right now the workaround is to expect one player to surrender and end the battle that way. But this is not ideal. By leaving this game stalled for so long, it is my hope (and my opponent's I assume) that we can escalate this issue to dev attention.

Also, holy memory leak batman. The game is up to 216 megs ram used for this one battle even though nothing has happened in it. The game is still running as of this post in case a dev reads this in time and wants to see what is going on serverside.

Axiom92
03-30-2013, 10:40 AM
wow..six hours? I had my fair share of that bug...never for that long though. Im not sure if 216 megs is a huge memory consumption rate for a 2d game, but if it is then there seems to be a memory leak. (whatever that means :P)

Beorn
03-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi All, I am the other user in this game and can confirm h44's account. As of 12:50 pm Eastern time the client is consuming about 1.25 GB of ram. As with h44 I am fine with leaving the client running in case it is useful for diagnostic purposes, but please let us know.

h44
03-30-2013, 04:14 PM
2:13 Pacific Standard time. Game has been stalled nearly 24 hours. I guess no one from Stoic is interested in taking a look so I surrendered the game and ended it. Seriously though, fix this pls.

Arnie
03-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Hey h44, just clued into this thread and I'm really sorry the game froze up. I sent an email to John about it. That being said once the game hangs for over 5 minutes then it will stay that way forever even unto Ragnarok. So quit out if it does this again for more than 5 mins.
Anyway, yes John's looking to these hangs which have taken an upturn since the last build. Sorry. :(

John
03-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey h44, just clued into this thread and I'm really sorry the game froze up. I sent an email to John about it. That being said once the game hangs for over 5 minutes then it will stay that way forever even unto Ragnarok. So quit out if it does this again for more than 5 mins.
Anyway, yes John's looking to these hangs which have taken an upturn since the last build. Sorry. :(

Aye it's actually a 90 second timeout for people who drop connection, but Arnie is right, there is a hanging problem I am looking into!

raven2134
03-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Hmm, I've heard of cases in the current build of the resolution coming in 5 min...so I too thought 5 min was the quit point.