Proving Grounds: Reduced Promotion Renown costs:

Rank 1: 20
Rank 2: 80
Rank 3: 160

Proving Grounds: Reduced Promotion kill requirements:

Rank 1: 5 kills (unchanged)
Rank 2: 15 kills
Rank 3: 30 kills

Tourney: Next tourney requires Power 12 to compete!
Battle HUD: New info panel shows selected unit stats
Ranked Battle: Now requires Power 6 or Power 12 to battle
Units: Starting units now begin with 4 kills instead of 3
Mead Hall: Add veteran units with 30 kills to hire

Bug Fixes:

Achievement: Fix typo in 50 win achievement
Battle HUD: Battle chat no longer blocks the ready button

Known Issues:

Elo Achievements don't show up until the battle _after_ you trigger them.
Friends show as offline when they should be online
Restarting TBS:F client sometimes fixes the issue

Client Version Too Old
Restart Steam to fix the issue

General Notes:

The game always writes log files into $HOME/tbs_logs/. You can access this or email it to us for bug reporting

KNOWN WINDOWS ISSUES

Crash on startup

Reinstall the game through Steam
Reinstall the game to a different folder if the above does not work

Steam Overlay unavailable
Terrible performance in fullscreen

These are both fixed with the following steps:

Right-click the following
Choose "Settings..."
Ensure that "Enable hardware acceleration" is clicked
NOTE: This does not work with the Chrome browser

quality=high width=550 height=150 parameter=parameter_value

KNOWN MAC OS X ISSUES

The Steam Overlay functions intermittently on Mac OS X
If you load the game without the Overlay, simply restart the game and it usually appears
Crash on startup on Mac OS X
Remove the folder "/Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework". If you need to reinstall Adobe AIR, visit this link: http://get.adobe.com/air/

For previous updates, see the Patches & Updates (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?22) section.

Butters
03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Sounds great :) Thank you !

Not sure if the reduced promotion costs were necessary (but I guess it's something that was to be expected with the sudden bump to pl12). Glad I don't promote anyone to r3 before this ^^
Very curious to see that the WL/PK/SS/BB upper ranks look like !
Next tourney ought to be interesting :)

John
03-30-2013, 08:37 PM
The motivation for the promotion costs reduction was this: One of the things that we love about the game, and that many people enjoyed during beta, is being able to experiment with many different combinations of units and ranks. Although you might be able to create a Power 12 team that you like in 1 try, we want to make it feasible for you to create a roster of _many_ units and mix and match them to try different strategies.

Sounds great :) Thank you !

Not sure if the reduced promotion costs were necessary (but I guess it's something that was to be expected with the sudden bump to pl12). Glad I don't promote anyone to r3 before this ^^
Very curious to see that the WL/PK/SS/BB upper ranks look like !
Next tourney ought to be interesting :)

oalexis
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I just promoted a bowmaster and it still cost 125 renown...

John
03-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Looking into it now.

I just promoted a bowmaster and it still cost 125 renown...

erom
03-30-2013, 10:48 PM
The new info panel looks great, should make a lot of people happy.

I don't see the 30-kill vets for hire in the mead hall yet, is there something special we have to do to unlock them?

d2r
03-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Quick bug report - since the patch, a lot of the time when I battle, the chat window doesn't display until the end of the battle, when the renown screen comes up. Has anyone else had this problem?

John
03-30-2013, 11:16 PM
This should now be fixed.

The new info panel looks great, should make a lot of people happy.

I don't see the 30-kill vets for hire in the mead hall yet, is there something special we have to do to unlock them?

tanglefast
03-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Quick bug report - since the patch, a lot of the time when I battle, the chat window doesn't display until the end of the battle, when the renown screen comes up. Has anyone else had this problem?

same.

it started with some weird FFFFFFF dialogue screen. then games after that no chat window till after the game.

also the game hanged on my win and i had to quit one game.

PS i heard you're resetting the hall of valour rankings sometime. do you have an ETA? need to know if i need to play hardcore and break top 20.

LordLupin
03-31-2013, 02:07 AM
wow....there was talk about skystriker not getting extra arrows at higher ranks but strength instead, and now they seem to have both. I thank you :D

Shiri
03-31-2013, 02:59 AM
"Mead Hall: Add veteran units with 30 kills to hire"

Excellent, that's one of my only concerns left gone.

netnazgul
03-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Yup, chat appears to be hidden in the battle, though it's working (you can type there without seeing anything)

sweetjer
03-31-2013, 03:29 AM
building a 12 point team is fun. stoked for the coming tourney.

SeraphimLoki
03-31-2013, 03:34 AM
Great job imo. Was waiting for that up-date.

HeadOpener
03-31-2013, 04:09 AM
Thanks :) Looking good, cant wait for the meta shift to p12 now :)

Butters
03-31-2013, 04:20 AM
Can we have a couple more details concerning the PK and SS abilities ?

Malice :
Just tested it, a melee unit taunted at a distance will walk up to the PK to hit. That's great, but raises a couple of questions :
- How does the pathfinding work ? will the target walk up to the PK even if the shortest path is blocked ? Will he use wp to move in melee range if necessary ? (walking around other units)
- Do the archers still stay in place when maliced at point blank ? Just as a melee unit can now move under malice, they could step back to fire an arrow...

Rain of Arrows :
Testing confirmed that rank 2 fires two arrows on the same square that are triggered simultaneously. Still unclear about the damage though : I took the tooltip to mean that it was guaranteed damage added, ie minimums of 1 at r1, 2+2=4 at r2, and 3+3+3=9! at r3. A guaranteed 9 str hit regardless of armor seemed awfully powerful though, and it seems that's not how it works because I did a r2 RoA on a high armor target and only got 1+1.
So I take it that the "+1 strength" is for the calculation of damage vs armor. If SS has 8 str and hits a 6 arm target without puncture, the damage will then be 2 at r1, 3+3=6 at r2, and 4+4+4=12 at r3, is that correct ? (that's still pretty powerful !) However in a 8 str vs 10 armor situation, that would be 1, 2 and 3 only, making a high level RoA a poor choice for early game.
In case arm is higher than str, does RoA have a miss chance ? (the answer may have been apparent before already, but I haven't used the SS much so I wouldn't know...)

EDIT : I did encounter the chat box not appearing during the match issue too.

BrainFreeze
03-31-2013, 09:18 AM
RoA certainly didn't have miss chance before the patch. Cannot say anything about guaranteed damage of high-rank SS, i didn't try it yet.

loveboof
03-31-2013, 11:18 AM
RoA certainly didn't have miss chance before the patch. Cannot say anything about guaranteed damage of high-rank SS, i didn't try it yet.

ROA has a miss chance now?! Aww :(

d2r
03-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Glad to know it wasn't just me with the chatbox then. Figure we should make a separate thread for it?

Borissimo
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Rain of Arrows :
Testing confirmed that rank 2 fires two arrows on the same square that are triggered simultaneously. Still unclear about the damage though

Here's how I read it: Your strength is considered to be higher by +1 or +2 (at rank 2 and rank 3, respectively) when determining damage. So, if your strength is lower than the enemy's armor, the arrows will each deal 1 damage, as usual. But if, say, you have 10 strength and the enemy has 8 armor, then the following will happen:

Rank 1: 1 arrow, 2 damage (10 - 8 = 2)
Rank 2: 2 arrows, 6 damage (10 + 1 = 11; 11 - 8 = 3, times 2)
Rank 3: 3 arrows, 12 damage (10 + 2 = 12; 12 - 8 = 4, times 3)

d2r
03-31-2013, 03:58 PM

- Do the archers still stay in place when maliced at point blank ? Just as a melee unit can now move under malice, they could step back to fire an arrow...

I just tested Malice - when it's used on an archer, the archer runs 1 step back, then shoots. Not sure how it'd work if she was surrounded or with units otherwise in the way.

EDIT: Also, I'd just like to say I am so glad warleader got his extra levels. Now he'll finally be useful in more than one in twenty fights. Well, useful for me, anyway. I'm sure there's someone out there who's a complete beast with level 1 warleader.

Butters
03-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Here's how I read it:
Rank 1: 1 arrow, 2 damage (10 - 8 = 2)
Rank 2: 2 arrows, 6 damage (10 + 1 = 11; 11 - 8 = 3, times 2)
Rank 3: 3 arrows, 12 damage (10 + 2 = 12; 12 - 8 = 4, times 3)

Thanks, that's pretty much the exact same thing I wrote a couple of lines down in the post you quoted. I guess we agree then !
The question of chance to miss remains. I gather it didn't have any ar r1, so it should be 1 guaranteed damage on each arrow ?

I just tested Malice - when it's used on an archer, the archer runs 1 step back, then shoots. Not sure how it'd work if she was surrounded or with units otherwise in the way.

Thanks. Bonus question :
If the path between a Maliced melee and the PK is blocked, will the Maliced unit stay in place or advance until it cannot anymore ?

loveboof
04-01-2013, 06:36 AM
ROA has a miss chance now?! Aww :(

Ok, I see what you guys mean now. I haven't experienced a miss yet - but I've only played a few games. I don't think she is overpowered though! She does get stronger in the late game, but it is easier to avoid certain squares by then...

Her and the Warleader are my favourite classes so far - This update has pleased me :)